Chapter 22 - Unreachable Goal

"Um...like who ?" he asked

With a sad smile , she began to speak again..

"My mother..."

"Oh...your dad , he told me about what happen in the past.."

"Oh ! he did ?! " she looks at him in awe

"I never expect my father would share our past to someone , but i'm glad you're the one he shared it with , yes my mother is a great physician ,she's my role model i wanted to be like her, she's leading on her field her name is respected as well and as her daughter a lot of people expect great things from me ..but..."

Her expression becomes increasingly solemn...

"But , i will never be like her....No matter how hard i try , i'll never be like her...and it's my fault that she -" as she's about to say something she'll eventually regret minamino stopped her..

"No ! Kasumi , stop it! it's was never your fault , you tried to save her , didn't you ?! and your dad he admitted he was wrong he regretted blaming you that day..." as he held her by the shoulders..

Kasumi as is about to cry held on , she pan his head away from mina's gaze as she held his hand away from her..as she speaks with a bitter smile on her face..

"Thanks i ...needed closure on that , and i thought when i took this test i could finally ...well it doesn't matter..."

(doesn't matter ?)

"Mina..i feel like i let you and Yomiko down...i am really useless..."

"No way ! You were just under to much pressure ..." with all his heart , all he want was to cheer her up..

( i don't want to beat herself over this..) but she just lifelessly shakes her head..

"Forget it..." she looks worried for a brief moment but she eventually rises her head with a new determination..

"That's it , i give up on becoming a doctor.."

"What !"

"It's over ..."

Her sad smile burns itself into the back of my brain...

From that day on....

Kasumi gave up on her medical studies...on top of that she falls into a deep depression..

"Miss Miyoka , Kasumi Miyoka...is she not here again ? "

( well i guess she's not coming..)

"This will ruin her track record ..."

Whispers and murmurs can be heard circling the classroom , until the professor shushed them to silence..Kasumi has been missing class a lot lately..

Later in the university cafeteria..

"Kasumi hasn't coming to school lately , did something happen..?" asked Miyoko

"Yeah...she must still be reeling from the shock of failing that test..." he said 

"Can we do something for her , to cheer her up ? Maybe if she eats a lot of food!..." she cheerfully suggested..

"She's not like you , you know.." he chuckled 

"Hey ! what's that suppose to mean ?!"

"Just kidding..." he smiled.

Then another day at the dinner table..

"Huh? where's Kasumi ?" she's not in her usual sit..he noticed Reimako has a worried look on her face.

"I called her, but said she didn't want to eat.."

"What ?"

"She hasn't been eating with us lately , hasn't she ?" she said worriedly.

"I'm gonna check on her.." unable to just sit there , he head up stairs..he stands in front of Kasumi's room and knock at the door..

*Knock!*Knock!*

"Kass ?"

A few moments pass...the door opened.

"Hi..."

But she looks miserable and just hangs her head.

"You don't want to eat supper ?"

"No...i.."

"But, we haven't eaten together in a long time..won't come and eat with us ?"

She still look heart broken..i guess she doesn't have any sort of appetite..

(She's been like this ever since she got her test results ..)

"Hey..Kass ? , you're still sad about the test ?"

That instant, her complex turns slightly paler..

"Mina...."

"Please just leave me alone for now..."

*Clunk*

She gently close the door in front of him.

( I have to do something...i know she wanted to be alone but..there's no way i would leave her like this..)

One day while walking home...

Reimako and i are chatting about Kasumi..

"I want to do something to make her feel better.." she said with a worried expression..

"Me too..."

" I wonder what we could do..?." she wandered..

(What would be ...")

Reimako looks solemn as she's in deep thought ..While still pondering on how we could cheer Kasumi up , we passed by the book store..

There's a poster that catches his eyes..

"Oh , right !"

"Huh ? What's up ?" Reimako startled by his sudden flaunt

"I'm sorry Rei , go ahead without me , i'm just going to check on something.."

"What ? uh okay..."

That poster has given him an idea..

(I'll be this'll pick her up..)

When he get back home , Kasumi's in the living room..

"Kass !"

".....yeah.?"

She still seems down.

"Uh , well uh..."

"How about to get your mind off things , we go see a movie ?"

"A movie ?!"