26

XAVIER POV

I watched Bryson's fury eyes land on me, narrowing his eyebrows at me as if he thought this was my fault. Aubree came into sight, nodding at me as she explained everything to her dad, like she had explained everything to me on the phone when she had called.

Aubree had dialled the cops but the line ended up going to Chris, Bryson's FBI team mate and friend as he quickly made his way over to the Pearson's household, finding Aubree lying unconscious on the concrete ground. He had given her medical treatment and when she regained consciousness, she immediately explained everything to Chris. Chris called up Bryson, telling him everything just as Anastasia and himself were boarding the plane for their short trip. Bryson almost died in shock before he made his way home.

"I understand Aubree," Bryson's voice came out hard and cold, his eyes not showing any but fury, his lips as thin as a paper.

"Xavier couldn't do anything," Aubree replied, more loudly this time. "This wasn't his fault."

Bryson nodded, knowingly. "I know."

Bryson's FBI team was currently in Bryson's office, discussing the plans whilst Anastasia, Aubree, and the boys were sitting on the couch, trying to comfort a sobbing Anastasia.

When I left the Pearson's and went back home, my mother was delighted to see me as she demanded me for any details, especially what I had done to ask Thea to be my girlfriend whereas my father was just watching me with his piercing hazel eyes. The same eyes I inherited from him. Before I could go up to my room, I had received a phone call from Aubree and when I threw my phone across the room and immediately grabbed my leather jacket on the way to the front door, my parents demanded what was wrong. When I told them that Thea had been kidnapped, my father was on full alert then immediately disappeared into his office, doing god knows what. My mom decided to go upstairs and talk to butler about something but I wasn't wasting any time so I called the rest of the boys and demanded them to head over to the Pearson's household.

"Xavier, you seem to know something," Aubree whispered as all attention were now on me.

I stiffened.

Before I could speak, the front doors busted open as it revealed the twins, barging inside the house with panicked facial expressions. I looked to Aubree and nodded, telling me that she was the one who called the twins about their precious little sister. The twins hands were in fists as if wanting to break something at any moment to release their anger.

"Have you found her yet?" Keith asked, his chest rising and falling.

Bryson and a team mate of his charged inside the room with their guns loaded and up in the air, both aiming at the twin's head. The twins instantly raised up both of their hands that had me pinching the bridge of my nose. "They're Thea's step-brothers."

Bryson's mouth immediately formed into a perfect 'o' before lowering his gun then nodded at his friend who nodded back in response before retreating back to his 'assigned' spot.

"What brings you here?" Bryson asked with a frown.

"He's kidding, right?" Kody questioned.

"Nope," Keith answered with a shake of his head.

"We have the right to be here because our freaking sister has been kidnapped!" Kody practically shouted before he tried to calm himself down before speaking again, "By our dad."

Aubree quickly made her way into the foyer, her eyes widening. "I remembering hearing Thea's conversation with the man. It was about him never being her dad or something."