Chapter 11: "I'll find her."

Steve's POV:

I woke up in the guest room, I sat up and yawned. I got out of bed and put on a white shirt. They're was a note card on the little desk by the bed. I didn't put that there. I didn't think anything o it, I went to see how Bailey was sleeping. But when I got to where she was, she was gone. Then, it clicked. The note card. I thought as I rushed over to it.

It read:

Dear Steve,

I'm sorry. If your reading this then I have left. I left after you fell asleep. I gave you a goodbye kiss but you were asleep so you probably won't remember. I know I said I would go with you to SHEILD HQ but I can't. I have gone this long without Hydra actually capturing me. I have telekinesis and telepathic abilities along with flight. I love you. But I'm sorry I had to do this to you. But remember this: whenever you need me, I'll be there. I have disappeared out into the world by now so it won't be easy to find me. That's the point. So sweep me up like a broken vase, and forget about me. Good bye soldier.

Love you always,
Bailey Grace

She...left? She said she wouldn't though...I-I don't understand. She said she loved me? Like a friend or...more then a friend? She felt the same as I do. Then why did she leave? I got to show Sam and the team. We have to find her. Before something bad happens. I will find her. I rushed to Sam's room and told him I would be back soon. He groaned in response so I assumed that was an okay. Then I headed back to the room and changed into a blue button down shirt with my brown leather jacket and shoes. I went and got on my motorcycle and drove around the area by Sam's to see if I could spot Bailey. She was no we're in sight. She must have traveled through the night. I pulled over and got off.

I ruffled my hands in my hair. I don't know what to do. She just left. I will admit, I am panicked. I paced back and forth for a bit. Then realized something. Maybe Tony can track her with his computer holograph thing. I need to get to HQ. I jumped back on my motorcycle and drove there. I walked up to Tony's lab but didn't find him or Bruce. I went out in the hall and found Agent hill.

"Agent Hill,where is Tony and Bruce?"

"Why do you need to know?" She asked me.

"I need a favor." I told her.

"Their not here, they traveled back to New York. Fury needed them for a mission and once the mission was accomplished they headed back to the Avengers tower." She told me. "You should to. We'll call you if we get any thing on Bucky." Then she walked off.

I was in DC because of Bucky. That's why I have been crashing at Sam's. I need Tony but Bailey still might be in DC. I know it might seem stupid but I'm gonna call her. I dialed her number on my phone.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Bailey! Thank goodness, it's so good to her your voice. Where are you?" I asked. Concern filled my voice.

"I don't wanna say. I'm okay though."

"Can I have a yes or no question?" I asked.

"Yes. But I need to go so make it quick." Her voice sounded argent. I wonder why.

I rely have to think about this.

"Are you in DC?" I asked, hoping to get a helpful answer.

"No. I'm not in DC." She sighed. "Got to go Steve."

"No Bailey wait!" She hung up.

No... Well, I got some information.

I went and bought a plane ticket to New York. I got to get to Tony. He's my best bet of finding her without Shield's help. I don't want their help because..because I'm afraid if we find her with SHEILD'S help then she'll just keep running. But, I will get them involved if I have to. Once I landed, I took a cab to the tower. I had my bags with me. I decided that if I'm not needed in DC then I'm moving back into my old room at the tower. Hopefully Tony didn't change it into another one of his labs. Fury has me move around when I'm needed for a mission.