#15, One Of A Kind

"Where ar--"

"I am not telling you." Ryan cut me off for the twentieth time as I crossed my arms huffing and looked out of the window.

"Plea--"

"Not telling you." He said again calmly.

"But--"

"Not telling you."

"Listen I--"

"NOT telling you."

"Ryan--"

"Not--" I clamped my hand on his mouth fuming.

 "Will you just listen!?"

He just nodded with his eyes wide stopping the car, I can be pretty intimidating if I want to, hehe.

"Good. I was going to say....wherever you are taking me, take, but I want ice cream in the end. That is if you are not planning to kill me." I said.

He looked at me blinking once then twice before bursting out laughing.

"You are one of a kind." He muttered shaking his head.

I bit my cheeks to hide my smile and looked out of the window. We have been driving for the past hour and we were nearly out of the city, we were surrounded by tall trees and there were hardly any people about. It was quite dark outside to make out anything else.

Eventually we came to a stop. I opened my door to get out--

"WAIT!! STOP!!" Ryan exclaimed making me jump in surprise and clutch my chest..

"What?! What happened?!" I asked frantically.

He got out and jogged to my side holding the door open for me. I looked at him in disbelief but chuckling while he gave me a sheepish smile.

I got out and he took my hand in his, warmth immediately seeping through me. He led me through the woods and I glanced around nervously.

"Ryan?" I asked hesitantly, clutching his hand harder on hearing some rustling of leaves.

"Yes sunshine?" He asked momentarily looking back at me.

"You sure you are not going to kill me?"

"I'm flattered by your overflowing trust in me." He said rolling his eyes as I smacked his back.

"You really think I'll do that to you sunshine?" He chuckled but the look in his eyes said otherwise. 

I shook my head no.

"Then?"

"Sowwey" I said pouting staring at my feet. That was stupid of you Mae!

"It's fine." He pinched my cheeks making me glare at him while the jerk smirked.

We walked for a few minutes then came into a clearing, it was dark but I could see different types of flowers scattered everywhere, the grass beneath was soft. I bet it would be a beautiful scene during day light but right now we were surrounded by darkness. I realized it was a no moon night and looked up and gasped seeing the sky which was littered by millions of stars. It was the most breathtaking scene I have ever witnessed.

 I was so busy taking in the brilliant sky that I didn't notice Ryan had left my hand. I became scared for a moment and yelped a little when I heard the sound of a matchstick lighting.

I looked to my right to see Ryan kneeling on the ground, his face illuminated by the mini fire on the matchstick. He light a candle and I saw there was a blanket spread with a picnic basket. He grinned at me and motioned for me to sit down.