15~Howl

Shaking the sleep from my eyes was not an easy task when my mate was laying naked beside me. I had most definitely not expected him to stay. He opened his golden eyes and widened his eyes. "What did we do?" he growled, running a hand through his brown hair. I swallowed quickly, clutching my head.

   "We were both drunk, but don't lie and say you were unaware."

   He snarled at me, "I have a pregnant female! I can't just go sleep with every whore that walks my way."

   I winced, "Yeah well you just completed the bond with your whore of a mate."

   "Did I mark you?" he snarled.

   "No, can we just tal-"

    He shook with anger, his eyes filling with gold. "Get out." he spoke with a steel face. 

   I grimaced and picked up my clothes. I shivered when he grabbed my arm. "Stay inside tonight." he murmured. 

   I blinked, "I can take care of myself, mate. Besides, I said I would meet a friend at the cafe." My clothes felt heavy in my hand. I slid my dress and clothes back on. "Thanks for a good fuck." I hissed.

   "We both know it was more than a fuck."

   I reeled on the enemy alpha. "Stop that! Just stop it! Stop doing things with me, then leaving me and then confusing me more! I'm fucking done, you piece of shit!" 

   Vincenzo went rigid. "Araceli, don't talk to me like that." He was shaking now, claws out. "Everyone keeps wondering why the enemy alpha isn't the monster everyone says he is." He flashed his canines. "I've been on my best behavior, but it's not very fun."

   I slowly backed away. He trapped me between him and the wall, using his arms to prevent me from slipping out. He bared his teeth at me, "I will not be disrespected. I may not be in my territory, but I'm more powerful than all the alphas here." his eyes blazed gold. "Submit, Araceli."

   I shook from the power that exuded from his voice. "You are... not... my alpha." I shuddered as I fought against the command. 

   He gripped me by the throat, all remnants of the man that held me last night gone. "Submit."

   My body wracked with sobs. "Stop it... please." I begged, the command breaking my will. 

   He slammed me against the wall, "Submit." he snarled.

   "Monster." I gasped out. My throat was being crushed under the force of his hand. He threw me across the room and stalked quietly towards me. He lunged towards me and shifted. His black coat could not cover the muscles rippling on his wolf's body. His legs tensed, waiting for me to move. Golden eyes follow my every breath, every move.

   The shift is shaky for me, drawn by fear and the need to survive. My grey coat fails to hide my trembling. Dull brown eyes meet vibrant gold ones and I know I am no match for this born predator. I dart out the window and land in the snow, howling for the hunter.

 I dart out the window and land in the snow, howling for the hunter

   Vincenzo arrived first, pinning me to the snow. He snarled at me, lightly nipping at my neck. I refused to submit, shaking in fear. He whined as a piercing shriek sounded through the area. He dropped to the floor and shook. I winced when his bones cracked and reformed into his human body. A forced shift. My mate cried out and clutched his head. "Make it stop." he groaned. 

   I let out a bark and quickly scrambled back. Bones broke and healed, finally shifting me back into my human form. My brown eyes widened when he stepped out of the trees. "Achlys." I breathed out.

   He smirked, "You howled, I came. Always."

   I closed my eyes, "What'd you do to him?"

   "Just used a sound only alphas could hear and multiplied by a thousand. I hear it's quite painful for them." Achlys grinned. Changes had occurred since I last saw him. His brown hair was fluffy and soft as ever, accentuating his green eyes. I smirked at his sharp jawline and full lips. 

   Vincenzo slowly stood and kicked down a tree. "Who are you." he snarled.

   Achlys pushed my behind him protectively. "I'm a friend of Araceli." he spoke carefully.

   I smirked, "He's a vampire."