*sings* L. Is for the way you look, at me.

Man, I'm whapping these out left right and centre today

Imagine Legolas cornering you and finally telling you how he feels about you.

P.S you are an elf in this fic.

The morning sun shone brightly through the trees, casting green shadows around the forest floor. You were walking through the Mirkwood forest with your bow and arrow at this time in the morning for a reason, you were sure of it. You just hadn't decided what the reason was yet.

You needed time to think, to clear your head. It had been a busy day yesterday, and Elrond, your father, had been having a deep discussion with Thranduil, but what about, you had no idea.

You had arrived in Mirkwood yesterday, after a long travel, and had once again met Legolas, Thranduil's son. You had met many times before and had often had long conversations with him deep into the night. After the ring of power had been cast into Mount Doom, you hadn't seen him for many years, so it was good to finally reunite, whatever the circumstances. 

There was something oddly peaceful about walking alone, the familiarity of the forest coming back to you as you gently stepped through the underbrush, careful to dodge any plants that you may crush underfoot.

A low rustling in a bush near you startled you out of your daydream, and you quickly notched an arrow onto your bow and aimed it at the mysterious noise, heart pounding. A small wet nose peeked out of the bush, followed by a head, a pair of large fluffy ears and a cotton tail.

A low chuckle came from behind you and you spun around, surprised to see Legolas walking into the clearing.

"I never knew you were so scared of bunnies, (your name)," he teased, a crooked grin on his face.

You lowered your bow and smiled.

"Legolas," you said, happy to see him, "I didn't expect to find you out here so early, I was under the impression that you preferred to spend your time in the mornings reading."

"Actually," interrupted Legolas, tucking a strand of long blonde hair behind a pointed ear, "I came out here to find you."

"Me?" you asked, surprised. What would the future king of Mirkwood want with you?

He chucked again. "You have little realisation of the effect you have on others," he muttered, barely loud enough for you to hear, then he met your eyes with his deep blue ones, and gestured to a fallen log, not too far from you.

"Should we sit?" he enquired, and you nodded in agreement, still unsure of his purpose.

You gracefully perched on the log, crossing your legs in front of you. Much to the annoyance of your father, you refused outright to wear any type of dress, so your slim legs were clad in black leggings, and a simple green tunic made your top. You couldn't see why so many Elvin women had such a fascination with dresses. Who could successfully fight an orc with half your body weight in fabric flying everywhere? It was impractical.

You looked next to you at Legolas, whos face was partially covered by his long strands of golden hair. He was looking at the ground, seeming more uncomfortable than you had ever seen him.

"Legolas?" you enquired, your sculpted brows quirking in concern, "Are you, are you alright?"

Legolas looked up at you, his eyes sparkling, "I am more than alright." he replied.

"I assume you were wondering what business I had with your father?" he asked.

"You had with my father?" you replied, confused, "I was under the impression that we had come to Mirkwood to talk to Thranduil."

"Yes, I'm sorry about that," replied Legolas, "there really was no need for secrecy, I just wanted to make sure that I did everything right."

"Right?" you enquired, still confused.

"Well, it is the custom of our people to talk to a girl's father before asking for her hand in marriage." he said simply, never breaking eye contact with you.

You took in a deep breath, and suddenly felt Legolas' warm hand covering yours. Electric shocks ran through your body, and every nerve felt as if it were on fire. Surely he didn't mean...

Legolas stood up, and pulled you up with him, and in the middle of the forest, go down on one knee in front of you.

"(Your name)," he said slowly, looking deep into your eyes, "I have been in love with you since the first moment I saw you. I assumed that, after we parted last, it would be the end of our relationship, but I find it impossible to stop thinking about you."

"Every whisper of the breeze makes me think of your soft voice, saying my name. Every crack of thunder reminds me of your fighting skills, and I can't help but picture you in my mind, strong and powerful and terrifying, as you clash swords with an orc. Every flower that I see open brings my mind to your smile, which brightens up even the darkest of nights, and, like a blossoming bud, opens rarely, but is a delight to all who see it."

"I know that this is unexpected, and I understand if you do not feel the same way, but I cannot lie to myself anymore. If I could live the rest of my life with you, I would be happy every day of my existence."

Your hand flew to your mouth unconsciously, and you took in a shuddering breath.

"Legolas," you said shakily, "I...I..."

Legolas' face turned downcast.

"I understand." He said respectfully,"please accept my apology."

He stood up to leave, and you grabbed his upper arm. He froze at the contact, and turned around, his eyes blank.

"What I meant to say, Legolas," you continued, "Was that I love you too."

He took in a breath.

"I love your majesty and grace. Your silent power. I love how every word you say to me sounds like a poem. I love the way your hair blows over your face in the breeze, and the fact that it pisses you off."

He chuckled.

"But most of all," you continued, "I love the fact that you respect me as a woman, not a girl. You treat me like an equal, like your partner, not your possession. Not many men have that quality, and I admire that in you."

"So," he continued, "Why do you say?"

"What do you think I say, you numpty?" you laughed, "Yes, yes, yes-"

You were cut off as his lips found yours and crushed against them, warm and inviting. His left hand rose to tangle in your hair and his right hand rested warmly on your back.

When he finally broke the kiss, he rested his forehead on yours, gently stroking your face with the back of his hand.

"A million times yes," you whispered, staring into his eyes.

You stayed like that, wrapped in each others warmth, for a long time, until eventually you broke away.

"We should be getting back," you said to him, and he nodded in agreement, taking your hand in his own.

"You're right," he replied, a small grin forming on his lips, "We have much to discuss,"

And so you walked off, hand in hand, towards the rest of your life.

These were all written by me a few years ago, and it's taken a while to actually post them, so please excuse any errors or general not-great-ness to them. I'm a better writer now, I promise ;) Also, I have a few Marvel oneshots on my page, as well as a Bucky Barnes /OC slow-burn romance novel (feat. my better writing) If anyone is interested :) x