A Betrayal.

Chapter Six: A Betrayal.

Jessica's POV: After

    "Wait, Parker." I called out before he had completely closed the door to my room. The door opened fully again and before I knew it, there he was once again looking more handsome than ever.

    "H-he, Elliot I mean," I took a deep calming breathe before I continued. "He isn't yours if that's what you're suggesting." I told him trying my best not to look like I was lying.

    "Really?" Parker questioned doubtfully. I nodded and then I was left alone once again. I was sticking with my decision. I couldn't tell anybody about who Elliot's father is, especially not Parker. I am doing what is best for everybody, I just had to convince myself to truly believe that.

~

    "Good morning Jess. Good morning Eli." My mom cooed as soon as both Elliot and I entered the kitchen the next morning.

    "It was quite the interesting day yesterday, wouldn't you say? The boys sure have gotten much more grown up since they have been gone." My mother said. I nodded and thought about what today would be like with my brother being home.

    "Mom, did you say anything to them about Elliot?" I asked even though I made her promise not to tell anybody about Elliot's father.

    "No, of course not. I promised that I wouldn't and I will keep that because I know you are just trying to do the right thing."

    "Do you think I should tell them? I mean, Parker has already questioned me about it and I just can't help but feel that maybe what I'm doing isn't right." I told her as Elliot rocked in my arms.

    "It's your choice Jessica. You are the only one who can make this call, my opinion doesn't matter but think if you were in Parker's shoes. Would you want to miss out on being in Elliot's life?" That got me thinking which sometimes doesn't always end up in my favour but Mom didn't let me mull over it for to long before she started to talk some more.

    "Now, how about we all go get ready because we are going to head to the park with Cathleen and Jane." Mom suggested and instantly I knew that this conversation was over.

~

    "How's school going Jane?" I asked as both Jane and I swung back and forth on the swing set whilst Cathleen and my mom watched Elliot.

    "I got asked out on a date the other day." She told me shyly.

    "What that's amazing! What did you say?" I squealed.

    "I said yes, we're going out next Friday." Jane told me, obviously trying to hide her excitement.

    "So, what's he like? Do you like him?" I started out before firing a million other questions I wanted to know about this new boy that caught Jane's interest. Soon enough Jane was telling me all about this boy, he's smart and handsome and she's completely into him. I was happy to have a little bit of a distraction from everything chaotic going on outside of the park. Jane's eyes glowed with happiness as she spoke and I knew that she whole-heartedly liked this guy.

    "He sounds absolutely wonderful, Jane, but you let him know that if he steps out of line and hurts you I'm going to be one angry mama." I told her, only half kidding. She started laughing but said that she'd pass on the message.

    "Isn't that supposed to be my job to be intimidating my sister's boyfriends?" A voice called out from behind the swings. I immediately tensed but tried my best to look happy to see both my brother and Parker walking towards Jane and I.