Chapter One

The moon shone bright and far away, I could see the soft glow of lanterns buzzing with life. My heart dropped, as I knew that the war was still going on.

I felt anger bubble inside me, just thinking about that man. How could someone be so selfish and cruel? He was killing so many, for what? Just to claim someone who didn't even love him?

"Rajkumari, you haven't slept yet?" A voice called out from behind me as I stood up, turning to face my maid, Fatima as she kept the glass of hot milk beside my bed.

"I can't sleep.I can't eat...it makes me sick." I admitted to her, as I walked to my bed, sitting down on the edge, letting my palms cover my face.

" Marah, don't do this to yourself." Her voice was soft, almost pleading me to throw away the guilt that had been haunting me since past two days.

"I can't take it anymore, I am going to put an end to this." I spoke,standing up. I had to before we had nothing left.

"Marah! You are going to...give yourself to that monster? " Fatima's eyes widened with fear as I looked away.

I had no other option. He wasn't going to stop and Abba, abba was going to end up in nothing if this carried on. I can't let him stay in ruins in his old age.

Picking up my scarf, I wrapped it around my head, letting the pink material cover my brown curls as well as my shoulders.

I stepped out as Fatima followed me with a candle burning beside her. I walked as fast as I could until I reached my father's room, which was lit by candles.

I knocked and the guard announced me before letting me in. My heart broke at the sight of my father, his face looking thrice his age,due to all this pressure.

His ministers stood next to him, all of them looking hopelessly into the army board.

"Call the war off Abba" My words rang in the room as everyone looked at me, shocked and confused.

"Marah! Go back to your room. "Abba spoke,waving his hand at me. "Abba no ,I have been selfish enough to let so many die for me, but I can't anymore. I can't." Tears filled my eyes as I looked at him pleadingly.

"But...He will take you."His words had an urgent plea in him as I walked towards him, hugging him tightly. I knew he wanted to try till the very last, but I couldn't let him, I just couldn't be so selfish.

At first he didn't hug me bag, but then I felt his tears on my cheek, and I knew I had won this battle but lost the war.

--

Yuvraj's P.O.V

I stood in the heat, as the darkness of night kept us all going. Just two days more, two days and you are mine. "Keep the north army going, and then at 5 in the morning, I want you to let the south army go." I instructed my commander -in-general, Raghav, as he nodded at me.

There was a knock on the door of my tent, as my hand instantly went towards my sword that hung to my waist.

"A messenger from Maharaja Abdullah ibn ibrahim khan! " My heart beat rose as I allowed him in.

The man stepped in and opened his scroll. "I, Abdullah ibn ibrahim khan, writes to you to let you know that we have surrendered and your prize, our rajkumari will reach your tents at 5 in the next morning, if you call off the war now! "

A smirk curled on my lips and I knew, I had gotten what I wanted. "Call off the war."I spoke, as I stepped back,knowing in a few hours, she would be mine.

"But my lord, we can easily win and take over their estate and the princess as well." Veer, one of my close friend and my advisor argued.

I felt anger rise as I took out my sword and in one swift motion let it rest beneath his chin. "Are you questioning my order?" I asked him as his blood froze and he muttered a no.

"Good. I don't like defiance in any form." I warned him, before pulling back my sword."Go, call off the war and start the preparations for welcoming my princess."

---

A/N I hope you guys liked the chapter!
This story is a work of fiction, hence every character is my own creation and I am not retracing any historical plot.