Chapter 24: I Don't Know If You've Noticed Yet But I'm Awkward, Okay?

"And then people came flying through the doors like swoosh."

"And we were making drinks like bam, bam, bam."

"And people were taking pictures. Snap, snap."

"And then I got this." I waved the envelope in my hand and began to sing. "I'm gettin' monehhh, ohhh!"

Since I got to her place, my grandma hadn't said a word. Not like I gave her a chance to, that is. I was just so excited to tell her about everything that had happened today.

Once I wore myself out, I slumped down onto the couch and looked over at my grandmother, only to find her indulging in a mountain of chocolaty goodness.

"Grandma!" I yelled, shooting out of my seat to rip the packet of muffins out of her hands.

"One more." She begged in a muffled voice. I could only imagine all that gooey chocolate probably sticking to every corner of her mouth. I cringed.

"Geez Grams and I thought you were actually listening to me this whole time." I sighed, plopping back down on the couch.

"Oh of course I was sweet cheeks." She responded. "I was just... Multitasking."

I rolled my eyes at her excuse. "You're going to end up killing yourself."

"At least then I'd die a happy woman." She got up and stretched, indicating that she was ready to hit the hay. "Make sure to call your dad if you're sleeping over again. We don't want him to go all crazy and hire a bunch of search parties or anything." She joked. Not going to lie, my dad would probably do something like that if I never kept him updated on my whereabouts.

"Ma'am, yes ma'am." I saluted, pulling my phone from underneath the pillow I was lying on, already making myself comfortable on the couch that I practically used as a bed every time I slept over.

Grams' apartment was only a one bedroom flat and I hated sharing a bed with her because she somehow always ended up spreading all over it, suffocating me in the process. Besides, her couches were comfy as hell, like little clouds on earth, so I never complained about sleeping on them.

"Just don't spend the whole night on your phone. You're still young, you shouldn't be so eager to become blind." She told me as she headed to her room. Not like I hadn't heard that one before.

She always told me off for having my phone glued in my hands whenever she woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or grab a glass of water. I mean, can you blame? She had some mighty fast wifi. I unlocked my phone and decided to send my dad a quick text before I forgot. After doing so, I stared at all the apps on the screen.

What should I waste my time on first?

Soon enough, I found myself tapping on the little, multicoloured camera icon. What helped with my decision was the fact that a red notification bubble was attached to its top right corner with the number 4,300 in it.

Once I had opened the app, I clicked on my profile and almost dropped my phone when I noticed the number of followers that I had. I went from a subnormal person, with less than a hundred followers and an average of six likes per picture to having thousands of followers and hundreds of likes and comments.

Is this what it feels like to be famous?

I scrolled through the notifications until I reached the one that had caused it all.

@TomPeterson tagged you in a photo.

I clicked on it and waited for it to load. Not to my surprise, it was the picture that Alexander had taken of us back at the café. I double tapped it, adding to the ridiculously high number of likes the picture already had. Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to go through the comments.