•TWENTY-FOUR•

Hayes' POV

I sped over to Cameron's house, not even caring if I went over the speed limit. I'm about to do worse things than that.

I pulled up in front of his house and got out of the car, slamming my door behind me.

I walked up to his front door and pounded on it until my fist turned red.

I heard the chain being unlatched from the door and Cameron opened it.

"Hayes, what the fuck do you want?" He nearly yelled.

"You ruined my chances of being with Gabby!" I said, obviously pissed while taking a step into the house "You're the reason that the woman I love hates me! Why couldn't you just keep your mouth shut?" I yelled

"Because it didn't feel right to not tell her." He shrugged, and I could tell he didn't see why what he did was wrong.

"Well, we were all good until you fucking told her."

"It's not my fault you chose to stalk her. I told you not to!" He fired back.

"That was my business, not yours."

"You have to be kidding me," he scoffed "you brought me into it and begged me to stalk her too! You made it my business when you told me to follow her around town. There's no way that's not against some law."

"You don't know what it feels like," I muttered.

"Don't know what it– Hayes, I'm older than you. You don't think I haven't gotten my heart broken by someone I love? I've had way many more girlfriends than you have probably because you're so damn possessive and clingy all to one girl. Let. Her. Go. These things happen, it's a part of life. Get over yourself."

"You ruined my relationship!" I couldn't help but to still be infuriated by his actions.

"I didn't ruin shit! You ruined it for yourself! If I were her I wouldn't want to date you either, you fucking creep."

Before I could even process what I was doing, I punched him straight in his jaw.

His body fell to the floor and I immediately felt better- Like I had finally accomplished something within these last couple of months.

I closed the front door and picked his ankles up and dragged his limp body upstairs to his room, then laid him on his bed to make it look like nothing happened.

I walked back downstairs into his garage and searched around for a light switch. After minutes of searching and tripping over shit he never uses, I finally found it.

There was a grey Range Rover parked in the middle of the garage. Too bad it has to get ruined.

I searched around the garage for about ten minutes, looking for what I needed until I finally found it. Four little red cartons of gas.

I took two and walked back inside of the house, then started pouring gasoline all over the floor and couches, drenching everything. I poured it all over the stairs and in each bedroom, then went back downstairs when I was finally done.

I walked back down the stairs and out to the garage. I put the two empty cartons back where they were and walked back inside of the house.

I went to the kitchen and turned on the stove, and searched for a small pot. When I found one I filled it up with water and set it down on the stove.

I found a few matches in a drawer next to the fridge and lit one. I threw the burning match onto the tan carpet and left the house, waiting for chemistry, nature, and whatever else to do the rest.

I walked out to my car and drove off back home.

-

I took a shower and threw my clothes in the washing machine real quick then changed into jeans and a t-shirt. I put on Axe body spray to make sure the smell of gasoline was off of me and sprayed Fabreeze in my car because it reeked of it too.

I drove back to Cameron's house which was up in flames by the time I got back.

I picked up my phone and called 911 to take care of this.

"Hello, this is 911, what is your emergency?" The lady's voice answered

"Um, I just got to my friend's house to pick him up for a night out, and his house.. It's– it's up in flames, and I don't know if he's ok or not." I took the time to at least sound shocked

"Ok, sir stay put. The fire department will be over there soon, what's the address?"

"It's 24, Hill Grove Drive. A-and the zip code is 90068."

"Ok, the fire department is on their way, sir. Please stay calm."

"Ok, thank you so much." I said before hanging up.

He lived up in the hills with very few neighbors, so no one saw anything. I'm their only "witness"

-

When the police arrived they decided to confront me about the situation since I called.

"Sir, where were you while this happened?" He asked.

"I was at home getting ready to go out because Cameron and I decided to go out to get a couple of drinks earlier when I was here, so I left to go get changed and take a shower, and came back to this."

"So, you weren't here when the fire started?" The officer asked.

"No." I shrugged.

"Sir," a fireman came up behind him "We found the source of the fire." My heart rate immediately picked up.

"What was it?" I asked.

"The stove was apparently on, and we're guessing a washcloth or something caught on fire."

"Is he dead?" I asked already knowing the answer. The fireman slowly nodded his head with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Oh God," I ran my hand through my hair "He-He's gone?" Tears started filling my eyes.

"I'm sorry," They patted my back "Just go home and we'll get back to you on it tomorrow." The police officer said.

"Ok." I nodded my head with tears streaming down my cheeks.

I walked back to my car, got in, and drove off.

Just one less person to ruin everything for Gabby and I.

〰〰

I haven't been updating, period because I need a break from writing. Times are kind of tough at home right now, I hope you guys understand. ❤️ Thanks for all of the support and endless love. I think y'all are gonna like this book. I'm excited to write it. 👌🏾👌🏾