Ch. 13 - Ibiki's test: Cheating not allowed!

Ibiki just finished explaining the first part of the exams. If you asked me it wasn't to hard. There was some kind of writing test or something like that. I didn't really listen to the details about the points and if one teammate'll fail than the same thing'll happen to the others. My brain had the habit to not remember important things. Sometimes it became like: 

Brain: Lalalalala... ramen!... Lalalala... muffins!... Lalala...  

That was pretty much what was happening in my head when I wasn't thinking or focusing. It was actually a lot more fun than it sounded.  

I listened again and just heard how Ibiki said something about cheating. Then we had to line up and take a number out of a box that'll decide where we were going to sit. I pulled out my number and made my way to my seat.  

Yay, lucky me, Gaara was sitting on my left side! Sumiko was on my right side... Eh, at least one of my neighbours was cool! I sat down and grinned at Gaara that looked at me in a weird way. '' Hey, Gaara! ''  

He just narrowed his eyes. '' What do you want? ''  

I carelessly shrugged and then leaned back on my chair, looking totally cool. Well, I probably would look totally cool if I wouldn't fall, together with the chair. I quickly stood up and sat down again, grinning like nothing even happened. '' I'm just bored... Are you nervous about the exams? ''  

'' No, '' he replied with his usual emotionless tone. Then he carefully looked at me. '' Why aren't you like the rest of them? Why are you so nice? ''  

I frowned with confusion because of his strange questions, then I grinned again. '' Well, didn't I say that I'm going to be your friend? Friends are supposed to be nice to each other, no matter what. That's why Hinata, Kiba and Shino put up with me, no matter all my weirdness and craziness. ''  

For a second he seemed sad, then he became serious again. It looked like he already wanted to say something but then he changed his mind because the ninja that was giving the test stopped at our table and gave them to us.  

I slowly picked up mine and scanned the questions. A frown instantly appeared on my face. There was something strange about this test. All of those questions... I was pretty sure that they weren't supposed to be this hard. I knew the answers to some of them, but only because I studied and read more than others.  

I slowly raised my head and looked around. My eyes travelled through the ninjas that were sitting on one side of the room and looking at us. What did Ibiki say again? Oh yeah, those ninjas were here to take care that we wouldn't cheat. And if they would see someone cheat five times than this person and their team will be disqualified.  

Wait a minute... Five times? Shouldn't be disqualified if we would get caught the first time? That was what normally happened at the academy...

And with those questions... It was almost like they wanted us to cheat.  

HAH, I GOT IT!  

And people said that I was stupid...  

They wanted us to cheat! It was so obvious! The test was so hard on purpose. They wanted to see how good we were at gathering informations.  

Okay, now how should I do this?  

I looked around again to get an idea. It seemed like the others already realised what the test was about because everyone was cheating in a different way. Who knew genins could be so creative. 

I instantly noticed Sasuke using his Sharingan and one of Tenten's teammates... What was his name again... Right, Neji Hyuga was using his Byakugan. Shino had one of his bugs fly around and give him the answers and Kiba was listening to Akamaru that was sitting on his head and giving him the answers. I noticed that Tenten was looking at the mirrors on the roof... When did she even put them up? Sakura seemed to know the answers without cheating, just like Tsubaki. And Hinata... I checked my last teammate and noticed how she just showed her answers to Naruto.