the end

Chapter 39

Skylar's POV

After meeting up with the girls we first went to a little restaurant before we would actually go to the ball itself. I drove to the small place we'd meet and when I saw the company I would find myself in tonight, I sighed inwardly. The guys Cara, Demi and Megan took were the most childish guys I'd ever seen. They were standing there joking around while their ladies were cold and looked very much annoyed.

' I'm so sorry that I'm a but late! ' I called out before I even got there. It was Connors fault. He should have just left me alone to get ready. But no, he had to be a little bitch and make sure I'm late.

They all looked at me like I was an alien... Was there something wrong with the dress? Or my shoes ?

' You took Connor Black to prom?' Cara asked not able to look away from him. In a way that made me uneasy ... I didn't like her eye-raping my date.

Is this a date?

' He asked me actually.' I said casually walking inside the restaurant. It looked very cosy and Italian. I love Italian food, everything is good and everything on the menu makes me happy ....

I really wish to say that it was a nice tranquil dinner, but it was not. The three guys were constantly trying to be manlier than Connor and they would get mad if they didn't get any attention from him. The girls were really fun though, until the questioning came like where we'd meet or when. We actually told them the truth but we left the kidnapping part out. It was something I wasn't ready to talk or think about yet. I don't want to remember the bad things that the Hogget family has put mine through. But I think my brain isn't damaged enough to die. Luckily the dinner ended soon enough and we would leave to go to prom.

I was really stunned with how the ball actually looked. The student council really set up a beautiful under the sea themed hall. Well it was actually the gym but you couldn't even smell the deadly sweat small anymore. I think that alone is a great accomplishment because man, you should smell this room before or after gym.

' Wow, they really went out of there way this year with the ornaments.' she's rights, it's really beautiful. I looked around but Connor already disappeared. What a great date he is. It stung a little but I'm not letting him ruin my very first prom.

I walked to get something to drink to make the lump in my throat vanish when two arms snaked around my waist and pulled me in the storage room from the gym.

Instantly memories of a few weeks ago filled my brain and I trashed against the one holding me, but I couldn't get away.

' Shhhhh, it's me Skylar ' A very familiar voice spoke. The person turned me around and held me against their chest. I breathed in his familiar scent and I hit him even harder.

'Connor let me go.' I almost screamed. He did and turned the light on so we could see each others faces. He looked flustered, kind of blushing.

' What are you doing Connor, prom is not in this closet.' I scolded him. I don't want to spent my very first prom in a closet, missing the whole party.

' I wanted to get you alone for a bit ...' He fidgeted with his fingers nervously.

' Just ask me, please don't scare me like that .... I keep thinking of ...' I whispered, tears already brimming my eyes. His arms came around me again, forming a shield against Riley, his brother, society...

' I'm sorry Skylar, I didn't think this through... I'm sorry. ' He pleaded. Our gazes locked and it was quite impossible to look away from his captivating gray-blue eyes. I can drown looking in those eyes and I wouldn't notice. Yet I did notice him inching closer to me, inch by inch he came closer, closing the distance between us and holding me tighter.