Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The news of the surrender went by like a fire in a forest. The soldiers were retreated, the canons drawn back. No more bloodshed, no more savage deaths. And Marah knew that while she had stopped this war, her life was going to be a sacrifice in itself.

The King of the North was quick to respond to their pleas. His demands were very clear. He wanted Marah and her alone.

She was allowed a maid and a trunk of her personal belongings but that was it. Marah had resisted upon taking any one with her, but her personal maid and very close friend, Fatima had fought her down. She was the daughter of the cook, and despite her being a maid, she was like a sister to Marah.

Marah didn't want to take anyone with her. It would be like leading someone into a hell with her.

She knew she had to leave within a few hours if she had to make it in time to his camp. She spent the last few hours alone,packing what she needed, all the while trying to calm her heart which was growing restless with each passing second.

She was scared. Who wouldn't be? She knew nothing about this king and who knew how would he treat her? Endless nightmares haunted her mind as she gulped lightly, closing her eyes trying to calm herself down. She knew she had to be strong, it was the only way she was going to survive.

"Marah" She heard a familiar voice call out her name as she turned, her eyes going wide to see who it was. "Zaheer!" She exclaimed, her relief and happiness showing in her face. She stood up, rushing to meet him. "Oh, Allah ka shukhar, I could meet you. I didn't think I would be able to." She spoke, her brown eyes looking up at him warmly.

Zaheer was her childhood best friend, a prince and the seventh son to her father's friend. They had grown up together, playing in the royal gardens.

He stood tall, as his face showed a mixture of anger and desperation in it. "Marah, what have you done? I could have tried, I was convincing abbu to send more troops." He argued with her as she shook her head.

"Ahmed uncle has done more than enough Zaheer, and you know it. Two days more and both, he and Abba would have come down to ruins. I just saved everyone from losing everything." She spoke, knowing it was true. It was better if she went now than to him take her forcefully after he had ruined everything in sight.

"But Marah..I love you" He admitted suddenly, his hands cupping her shoulder tightly. Her brown eyes went wide, as she heard him say those words. He loved her? What? How? She looked at him, feeling completely taken back. She couldn't believe he loved her, Zaheer of all people loved her and he telling her now?

He was kind, honest but also impulsive. And she knew that about him.

She shook her head, turning away to face her trunk. She was too stressed to explain Zaheer his childish ways.

"We can run away, come on..You and me. We'll go far away." His voice ached with pain as his eyes begged her to agree. She couldn't run away, not risking her family and her people's life. Another knock on the door snapped her out of it, as Fatima stood, wearing a long purple gown, her face covered with a black scarf.

Marah pulled away from Zaheer as she wrapped her own red scarf around her face, covering her long brown hair which was tied up in a bun.

This was it. She closed her eyes, trying to block all the horrid images.

She was dressed in a long flowing red dress that reached her ankles and had trinklets of gold adorned on her body.

"Take care Zaheer. Allah hafiz (Good bye)". She spoke softly as she left her room for the last time.

--

Yuvraj stood outside his camp, his mind anxious as well as excited. Finally , after so much struggle and pain, finally he was going to claim what he had wanted ever since he had first set his eyes on her.

He had tried all the normal ways of courtship, like a respectable man should. But her father, that old bastard had too much pride in him. He thought he could reject him not once, not twice but five times! He had no other option but to call war, not only to avenge his dignity but to also claim her as his own.

"A litter is approaching!" One of his men called out whistling in alarm as his commander general,Raghav, and his close friend stepped next to him. Yuvraj stood tall at 6 feet, his shoulders broad and his frame muscled from his daily practice, his body scared at various places because of the wars he had taken part in.

He was famous all over India as the ruthless and cruel king who knew no mercy, which was true. He had never lost a single war in his entire life, which not only aided to his pride but to also his strength, as a ruler and as man, whose heart was cold as ice.

He watched the litter stop and the soldier opened the curtain to reveal his prize,wrapped in red, looking even more beautiful than he had imagined her to be.Like the purest doe in the forests, she stood alone, her enchanting brown eyes not meeting up to his dark ones.

"Rajkumari Marah bint Ibrahim Khan" The soldier announced as he walked up to her, the men in turn bowing down in respect for him. His dark eyes looked hard at her and he stopped standing closer to her, his body towering over her small frame.

He couldn't deny that she had one of the most tempting build, that aroused the beast inside him. Her cheeks were red, stained with tears as his hand reached up to cup her chin, making her look up at him." Do you know who I am,little doe?" Despite her obvious fear, he could see the strength that lie in her when she looked up at him.

Her pink lips parted and without any form of reluctance she answered," Unfeeling Cold Monster."

--

A/n- I hope you guys liked the chapter! I am going to be writing from a third person p.o.v from now so I hope that is okay.

What do you guys think about the plot? Don't be shy!

Vote and/or comment as it makes my day! What do you guys think about Yuvraj? And about our little doe, Marah?