Don't Be Mad {52}

Ian pushed the top button for us to return to the dinner. As the elevator dinged with each floor it went on we adjusted ourselves. I helped Ian button up his shirt and I smoothed out my ponytail.

When we made it to the door we stopped and turned to each other. We both knew that we couldn't be intimate once once we go inside. I didn't know why but I chose not to ponder on the thought and to instead live in the high of kissing him. It was wrong and stupid but I just couldn't help it.

There was some streaks of lipstick above his lips and I rubbed it off with my thumb. He lightly brushed his lips across my cheek and we stepped through the doors.

As soon as he walked in Valentina ran towards him. "Baby where were you? I was looking all over for you."

"I had something important to do"

She rolled her eyes at the sight of me behind him "Well are you ready to leave?"

He nodded his head and we all followed him. We got back in the same elevator and I reminisced about our make out session. Ian was to the right of me and Valentina was next to him fiddling on her phone.

Ian put his hand on my butt as he traced my underwear line. I kept my eyes on the elevator door even though my mind was in a frenzy.

I put my arm on his to stop his movements since they were traveling up to my bra hook. Thankfully the elevator doors opened and I hurried to escape his fingers.

When we got outside there was two cars waiting for us. I was walking towards the car we arrived in, when Valentina touched my arm.

"Me and Ian are taking this car. A driver will take you to your house in the other car" she said pointing at the car a few feet away.

"I came in this car with Ian you can go to the other car" I responded back to her

"Ian? Why are you calling him Ian? It's Mr McKinley to you" she spat out

"Valentina stop. Go inside the car" My gut was right. I knew he would pick her over me.

I started to walk away when he yelled, "Delilah wait!"

He grabbed my hand and led me towards the back of the building. Of course he would take me to a place where his girlfriend can't see what he's doing.

We stood behind the building and we walked into a balcony. I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"Don't be mad."

"How can I not be mad? You're picking her over me."

"I'm not"

"Then why can't she ride in a separate car"

"Because....it...." he hesitated for a while before responding with, "It's complicated"

"Well uncomplicate it"

"I can't" he avoided eye contact with me. He was hiding something. If he had feelings for me then why was he with another girl.

I looked down. He was picking her. "Are you mad?"

"Yes" We just had a passionate moment and now he wants to go home with her.

I quickly corrected myself, "I'm more confused than mad. I thought that what happened in the elevator would change things" I trailed of

"It does change things"

"It doesn't" I corrected

"Do you believe what I told you in the elevator?"

I nodded my head at his odd question.