|0.7|

I watched as my Aunt dashed little portions of salt into the dish she was cooking, expecting a differences in the over all result. My aunt was big in seasoning so it wasn't to my surprise that she had ordered me off to the store as if I were some peasant to go pick up a few more containers of seasoning. She knows very well that being outside was really out of my comfort zone, especially being a resident of this side of New Orleans. "You still glued to that god damn seat? Gone head and get yah' self on out the door."My aunt was a very civil and intelligent lady, when she wanted to of course. Her head must have been so wrapped around cooking that she forgot to speak with proper grammar.

"I'm really not looking forward to going outside."I roll my eyes slightly. It seems as if she always finds a way to make me do stuff that I'm not really fond of.

Her eyes trailed up slowly to me, adding a feeling of suspense onto my empty stomach. Her hazle brown orbs almost made me sink into my seat and diminish into nothing. She held so much authority into one stare that I felt like she was chastising me. "Jhene A'mei Amreeyell, get yah' ass up and do what I say. I had enough of you and Kashari talking back to me, next time you do it again my foot will end up in your ass. Understood!"She says sternly. Her eyes pondered onto me as I shook my head out of fear. She held control over me as if she were my mother. I never intentionally tried to disrespect it's just my body language and facial expression always over power my words giving whatever I just said a whole different tone and meaning.

I opted on not replying to her awfully curt discipline ways, sliding out of the stool I shuffled my feet against the cheap carpet that flowed throughout the house. I've always made mental notes to wear socks around the house due to the fact the material of the carpet was not to appealing. It often left carpet burns onto your body if you rubbed against it with to much friction.

After a few seconds of feeling my cotton socks rub against the non-expensive carpet, I finally reach the room I shared with Kashari. I twisted the stainless steel doorknob opening the door a bit. Light that came through the sheer pink drapes illuminated throughout the room. The beam of light reflected off of the full length mirror beaming onto my face.

My eye stroll through the room, landing on a Kashari who's slumber turned into a full blown session of shut-eye.

Kashari's partied out body sluggishly creeped into the house after Darod dropped her off at the curb. Late last night I heard his Michelin tires screech against the pavement as I heard her keys enter the keyhole of our home. Her accessorized keys clang together as she carelessly trudged through our quiet home. She was quiet enough not to wake her parents who were long gone in their slumber, but I on the other hand was to mind boggled on the atrocious time I stepped in to the house to catch a grain of sleep.

I recieved weird stares from both of my guardians as I sincerly went to apologize to them when I first entered their home. I took it as my objective to explain the events that caused me to enter their home at the hour I did.

I was so grateful that I was able to catch a ride with that Anthony guy because I knew for sure that if I didn't, I would've gotten home at an even later hour.

I stepped into the room as Kashari carelessly shifted in her bed. Throughout her face where curves and wrinkles making me sense that she was very uncomfortable. I brushed it off before I trotted to my side of the room, reaching beneath my bed. I grabbed the first pair of shoes that my hands could take grasp of, pulling them out in to the open.

I slipped on the thin strapped thong sandals, that once used to be own by Kashari's wardrobe. I averted my eyes towards the blinds that were shaded by the drapes. The light that was once ripping through the room seemed to vanish giving the room a much gloomier and dull look. I peered through the blinds seeing the bipolar weather had set in averting the sky in a deep tone of gray giving the clouds more dimension.