Chapter 5

AN: Haylie at the top

AN: Haylie at the top. She will be introduced in this chapter so don't worry if you don't know who she is lmao.

Liza's POV

I walked behind the operators who were talking into their headsets as I tried to peek over their shoulders at the small screens on their desks in front of them where they were seeing a first person perspective on whoever's mind they were talking into.

Talk about being high-tech.

"Come on Carol, you know you want to buy the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy, you know this, I know this, your unused vagina even knows this. You go to church almost everyday and it's been five years since he's left you, no one will know or care what you're going to read late at night. Just give in to the simple pleasure a real man can't give." One of the operaters persuaded into her microphone, intwining her fingers together and resting her elbows on the desk as I looked at the screen in front of her where a pair of shakey female hands were hesitantly reaching out for a few books on the shelves.

"May I help you miss?" The demon lady with the headset said, covering her microphone, turning in her swivel chair to raise her brow at me making me realize I was gawking at the screen with wide eyes and practically breathing down her neck behind her.

"Oh, no sorry I just-" I began, immediatly backing up a few steps to give her some space before I heard a familiar voice that made my blood go cold at the sound.

"Go ahead, no one will know if you take one cookie. So what you threw those veggies out, I say good ridance. I think you deserve a little treat don't you?" The chubby man a few chairs away chuckled, leaning back in his seat as he smirked at the screen and ate his sugar powdered donut.

I slowly turned to look at him, my eye practically twitching at his nasty persuasive voice.

I know that voice.

I left the demon woman and stalked over to the overweight man in anger, grabbing the back of his chair almost making him fall back as I swung him around adruptly until we were face to face.

"Aye lady, the fuck's your problem!?" He snapped, almost choking on his donut as he took off his headset in anger.

"Fresno, California. January 12, 2004. I was at my grandma's house and she was making a big double fudge chocolate cake for my dad's birthday." I grit out, glaring at the pudgy man in annoyance as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh now wait a minute...." He began, squinting up at my face before his eyes widened in realization and he let out a laugh that made his triple chin jiggle, almost distracting me for a moment.