~Chapter Thirty Five~

The sun beamed through the window. The half-breed had shifted onto her side, sometime after she had fallen back asleep in Thorin's arms. The dwarf rubbed his eyes and then looked beside him to see the elf still sound asleep. He leaned over and pressed his lips against her neck. The feel of his beard tickled against Honor's skin and it caused her to let a giggle escape her lips and when she finally couldn't take it any long, the elf turn on her back to look at the dwarf and and he let out a groan that the woman had spoiled his fun.

"It's not nice to tease, grumpy." She smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm, you know your not going to be able to call me that forever." He declared.

"That's what you think." The elf challenged. He cocked an eyebrow at her, starring into her eyes, when he pressed his lips against her's. Her fingers weaved into his hair. The dwarf pulled her closer towards him, deepening the kiss, until they were both left gasping for air and she rested her head back on his chest. He held her close. he knew it was time they should be leaving. They had a lot of ground to cover, in short time.

Honor left the room and went back to hers, to bathe and cleaned up. Thorin instructed her to be ready to leave in an hour and he kissed her on the lips one last time before letting her leave out the door. The elf was now dressed back in her normal clothing and was heading down the hall to meet the dwarves and her cousin at the dock. Honoria was near the doors that led outside when she felt a warmth take her hand, startling her until she saw who it was. "Thorin don't scare me like that."

"Hmm, didn't you hear me coming down the hall?" He teased.

"No. " Honor admitted as she looked away when the dwarf cupped her face in hands and kissed her softly, thinking they were alone when someone cleared their throat. The two of them pulled away to see Fili and Kili standing their smirking.

"Awe look at uncle, he is so adorable." Fili teased and Thorin narrowed his eyes at them as they chuckled. Honoria had to hid her smirk.

"If you two wish to keep your limbs, I suggest you get going....NOW!" Thorin growled at them, and their faces fell quickly and the two boys left and Thorin turned back to the elf, who was shaking her head at him and laughing. "What?"

"Oh, grumpy you are so adorable when your mad." She mocked and he let out a snort, slightly annoyed.

"You are just as bad as those two. You know that." He pressed in annoyance.

"You'll learn to get over it." She declared with a smirk and kissed him on the cheek and started heading down the stairs and she could hear the chuckle that passed his lips as she imagined him rolling his eyes.

"You do know we're one short." Bilbo pointed out as he came up behind Thorin and Honor following them to the boat. "Where's Bofur?"

"If he's not here, we leave him behind." Thorin pressed and Honoria didn't like the sound of anyone getting left behind.

"We'll have to. If we're to find the door before nightfall, we can risk no more delays." Balin stated. They had reached the boat that was tied to the dock. The elf looked around to see that almost, if not all of the people of Lake-town had gathered in the marketplace to see them off. The town's people had something to have hope for now; and in return the dwarves would promise them rich rewards.

The company were piling into the boat, Fili had climbed on but when Kili went to climb in a firm hand stopped him in his tracks. "Not you. We must travel at speed. You will slow us down." Thorin stated, harshly.

"What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili said, with a smirk on his face, thinking his uncle was joking until he saw Thorin was being serious.

"Not now." Thorin said as he took weapons from the watchman and handing them to another dwarf on the boat. Fili had caught the conversation going on between his younger brother and their uncle.

"I'm going to be there when that door is opened. When we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin." Kili pressed, trying to hide the pain he was.

"Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed." Thorin stated, in a calm voice.

"Thorin. You're not going to leave him here." Honor hissed at him. Thorin looked at her, with an annoyed look.

"Honor. Stay out of this." The dwarf prince growled at her.

"No." She declared, stepping off the boat, when Thorin grabbed her by the arm, and gripped her tighter than expected.

"Get back on the boat now." He ordered, slightly pushing her back on the boat and he released her arm and she rubbed her wrist.

"I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded." Oin grumbled, climbing off the boat to look Kili over.

"Uncle.We grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him!" Fili argued.

"Fili--"

"I will carry him if I must!" Fili continued on, but it didn't seem to change Thorin's decision to leave his young nephew behind.

"One day you will be king and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf. Not even my own kin." He said. The elf glared at the dwarf. 'Why was he saying all this? Did he really care more about this quest, then his own blood?' Fili had to make a decision to continue on with his uncle and the others or stay with his brother. Fili got off the boat with determination, he was not going to leave his brother behind. Thorin grabbed him by his clothing. "Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the company."

"I belong with my brother." Fili retorted and he yanked himself out of Thorin's grip and went to stand by his brother. Thorin cursed under his breath and climbed onto the boat and he walked passed the half-breed to the front of the boat.

The trumpets began to play as the master, said a few last words to wish the dwarves the best. The boat began to move away from the docks, through the town. Honoria turned around, looking at Kili for the last time, he didn't look so well and just as they began to disappear from her sight she saw Bofur standing beside them.

"What about Bofur?" Honor asked Thorin grabbing him by the arm so he would look at her.

"It's too late. We don't have time to turn back for him." Thorin pressed as he starred back ahead of them.

"What's wrong with you?" She whispered but he didn't turn to look at her. The elf glared at the back of the dwarf's head for the longest time before siting by Balin. The mountain soon came into view and the dwarves stood up to look at the breathtaking sight of their home they were about to step foot in, in what seemed like a lifetime for them.

They came to the shore where they would have to continue on foot the rest of the way. Thorin helped the woman off the boat and onto land. The elf wandered a few feet away from the dwarves, still angry with Thorin for leaving them behind. The dwarves were getting their supplies out of the boat. Thorin glanced around for the half-breed when he found her starring off in the direction they had just come from.

"Go talk to her." Balin spoke quietly at Thorin's side. Thorin looked back at Honor and shook his head. He didn't have time for this, they had to find the door. Balin noticed the dwarf had moved and he shoved him in her direction and the dwarf prince wandered over to the elf.