epilogue

forgive me for this epilogue for being so short, but i was thinking about doing another epilogue but a few years later into their lives

"i'm sorry, liam." i softly say, my eyes flickering to where jack had gone off to.

shit, he's going to take everything the wrong way. i was just taken aback by liam's abrupt question. i subtly shake my head. he always seems to catch me off guard.

"i know that i led you on and i'm so sorry." i apologize.

his expression falters, "so you are choosing jack."

i nod my head, "i'm sorry."

i feel so bad and i keep on apologizing, knowing that it's most likely hurting him even more. suddenly, i realize that now that is done, i have to go look for jack.

"you don't have to keep saying your sorry." liam tells me. "i understand if you weren't feeling it. i'm just hurt because you led me on."

he's hurt because of that and that's exactly why i keep apologizing! it wasn't ever in my intentions to hurt him. obviously, if i knew this was the outcome, i would have tried to avoid anything that would have led up to this.

"damn, how are we supposed to feel about this." one of the boys speak up. "jack and liam are in an awkward position."

when it comes down to the end, my dad likes liam more than he likes jack. but it's about what i want, not what he wants. they'll eventually get along with one another. is just a matter of time and keeping them near each other.

i was so caught up in thinking about the future i forgot to actually go after jack. he must be so agonized.

"oh my god." i mutter underneath my breath.

i literally dip from the group and into the direction of where jack went. the first thing that comes to my mind is his bedroom. where else would he have gone so quickly when i reach his bedroom, i pound my fist against the wooden door.

"jack," i call out. "open the door, please."

there's a long stretch of silence and it's killing me. he has to be in there because i doubt he'd leave the house this quickly. we didn't hear the front door shut either. i knock and call his name once more.

"made up your mind about who you want, yet?" he bluntly replies through the wooden door. "because i'm not in the mood to share."

i wince at his hurtful words, "yes and if i chose liam, do you really think i'd be knocking on your door?"

"yes, no, maybe." he stammers. "you could just be here to apologize and to break my heart."

"well, i'm not here to break your heart, so can you please open the door and stop acting like a teenage girl." i reason. "i want to see your face when i talk to you."

after a childish grunt and some time of him being difficult, the door is unlocked and open, revealing a pouting jack. the sight makes me smile. i practically throw myself into his arms and he willingly takes me in.

"are you going to stay sad or say something?" i murmur.

"i'm hugging you, aren't i?" he sarcastically replies.

i nuzzle my cheek into his chest and just stand there, embracing him for a while. imagine how angry he'd be if i didn't pick to stay with him.

"i can't believe i actually thought that you'd choose him over me." he cockily scoffs, making me roll my eyes.

this was just a stroke to his ego and he's even more confident. i don't know whether or not that's a good thing.

i look up at him through my eyelashes, "i love you."

he hums in appreciation, a little smile playing against his perfect lips. it's a teasing smile and then, i realize he hasn't said it back. I was too mesmerized by his looks.

"say it back." i whine, poking his sides.

jack grins, pulling me fully inside of his bedroom. he shuts the door behind me and showers my face with kisses.

"i love you, baby."

of course, being the love struck girl that i am, his words satisfy me to the brim. eventually, jack lets go of me and i just wander around his room and fall down with my back against his comfortable bed.

"remember the first time i slept in here?" i ask him.

he stares at me questionably, "not really."

"good, you didn't lie to make me happy. you're right, i have never slept in here." i inform him.

i only recall the brutal handcuffs and dark, cold room. the only time that i slept in his bedroom was in the magnificent cabin.

jack frowns, "you can sleep with me in here tonight."

he sits beside me and grabs my hand, holding it in his lap. i let out a satiated sigh as he kisses the back of my hand.

"you know," he speaks up. "i still haven't forgiven myself for putting you in those handcuffs."

"it's fine, jack. i've forgiven you."

"i know and that's so surprising. if i were you, i would have went running for the hills the first chance i got, but instead, you stayed with me."

"are you suggesting i run for the hills?" i raise an eyebrow.

his eyes quickly snap to mine and he shakes his head, "no, i just got you."

i subtly smile and tug down on his arm, "come here."

he leans over me, molding our lips together. i instinctively run my hands in his soft hair (lil bitch buzzed cut it). frankly, i don't care what the people downstairs think of me right now.

i'd say that i did the right thin because i chose the person who i wanted to be with. jack cuts me from my reverie by pulling away and giving my hip a knead. i wipe his lips with my thumb.

"what are you going to do now?" i ask.

he tilts his head to the side questionably, "what do you mean?"

"clearly things between you and liam aren't perfect. what's going to happen?"

jack nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders like it's not a big deal, "he can continue to stay here if he wants. as long as he doesn't try to get with you."

i let out a painful laugh. rest assured that he will not try to get with me anymore since i have cleared the air. i know that i should feel free and happy, but there's still a bit of guilt in the pit of my stomach.

"why do you look so sad?" jack inquires. "do you not want him to stay here anymore?"

"no," i rush. "let him continue to stay here. i just didn't mean to ever come between the both of you."

"it fine, naomi." he assures me. "liam and i have been friends for years. we'll be good again in no time."

i let out one last sigh before closing my eyes. jack chuckles from above me and i peep one of my eyes open.

"what?"

his eyebrows raise, "attitude, missy. are you sleeping already?"

"no, i'm just closing my eyes." i inform him, shutting them once again.

i feel the bed shift and jack lays beside me, hugging me around my waist. his breath is merely touching my neck.

"i love you so much, naomi yaris and i'll do everything in my power to keep you happy."

THE END

{vote, comment, share}