18. perfect

Usually, Anastasia preferred to not be in a room full of hundreds of strangers in a close proximity to her. However, on this special occasion she didn't mind.

Her eyes wandered around, marveling at the exquisite design and architecture of the New Amsterdam Theatre. She always dreamed of seeing this up close, and she wasn't disappointed.

"It's beautiful..." she breathed, unable to stop grinning, "thank you Bucky, for bringing me here."

Bucky held her hand tightly and smiled down at her. "Anything for you."

She smiled and glanced down. She still couldn't get used to this, his affections. He was so sweet and caring and always oh so attentive. He showered her with compliments every single day, and he wasn't afraid to let her know he loved her. She felt blessed to have someone like him in her life.

They took a seat in one of the VIP sections, thanks to Tony and his connections, and waited for the show to begin. She was beyond excited, and sharing this experience with Bucky by her side made it so much better. She glanced at him and noticed him also staring at the stage in anticipation as the cushioned seats began to fill up with more and more people. It was a full house today.

The show then commenced, and Anastasia was entranced.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

Bucky couldn't help but smile as he watched Anastasia from his place by her side. She looked so happy, so relaxed and joyous. Her eyes sparkled with such radiance, a glimmer that made her even more gorgeous.

Moments like these were moments that he cherished the most. Here, they were just two normal people, enjoying a show at a theatre. They weren't saving lives, dealing with reports and any of that superhero business or, in Anastasia's case, doctor business. They were free to do what they wanted.

"Oh Bucky! Look!" she looked at him with her enchanting emerald orbs and held his arm tightly, her other hand used for pointing at the stage. She was smiling childishly, yet innocently. Her gaze averted back to the stage, her face brighter than ever.

Bucky didn't look. His eyes were trained on her, studying every detail about the woman he loved. From her slender neck, to her sharp cheekbones, to her plump lips, to her slim body, to those soft, mahogany tresses that he loved to play with and finally, those magnificent eyes of hers, eyes with so many speckles of colours in them they seemed like a galaxy. What did he do to deserve someone as wonderful, as beautiful as her?

Over the past few weeks he found out so many aspects of her he never discovered before. Anastasia was mature, and was always the one to look after others. However, she had the heart of a child. She got excited over snow, her favourite books and movies and all the things she was passionate about. She would jump with excitement and drag him with her to show him how amazing something was and why she loved it so much. She needed a lot of love and nurturing, despite the fact that she didn't know it herself. She was an insecure soul that constantly needed to be reminded that she was, in fact, the woman he loved. He didn't mind it of course, he couldn't get sick of telling her that he loved her and everything he loved about her.

Anastasia finally noticed that Bucky wasn't watching the performance. She gave him a questioning look, opening her mouth to ask him what was wrong but he cut her off.

"I love you, doll." he whispered, grasping her hand tightly. She blushed and tilted her head down to hide her embarrassment. He chuckled, loving the reactions he got from her. She always get flustered whenever he displayed his affections, but he would never get sick of those reactions. If anything, it made him fall in love with her even more.

"I love you too, Bucky." she said softly, smiling shyly at him.

As the show ended, the couple lingered back, waiting for everyone to leave before leaving themselves. Both disliked the idea of a crowd, all pushing towards the exit.

"That was amazing, wasn't it?" asked Anastasia, "I've always... I've always wanted to see this, but I never got the chance."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Bucky smiled, leaning over to peck her lips.

Her cheeks were heated, but she manage to say, "but did you enjoy it Bucky?"

"Of course I did." he stated, "as long as I'm with you, nothing could be boring."

She raised an eyebrow upon hearing such statement. "I highly doubt it."

Bucky laughed and led Anastasia out, seeing that most people had already left the theatre. They made the choice to take a walk before returning to the tower.

"Thank you, for all of this." Anastasia murmured fondly.

"You already thanked me." Bucky pointed out as they strolled down the street.

"I just... I felt that I needed to say it again." she said, staring at the sky. She frowned slightly, taking notice of the almost invisible clouds above.

Bucky noticed it as well. He heard thunder rumbling lowly as rain threatened to drop. His heart dropped.

"We should... really get going..." he muttered. As soon as the words left his mouth he felt droplets of water making contact with his skin. The pavement began to darken and Bucky rushed to back to the tower with Anastasia close behind him.

The storm really took the couple by surprise. In a matter of minutes it became a downpour. He heard Anastasia squeal as she slip on the wet pavement. He managed to catch her in time, but as a result he slipped as well and ended up falling on his back with her on top of him.

"Oh my god, Bucky are you okay?" she asked over the rain. Bucky nodded and chuckled. He, an Avenger and the infamous Winter Soldier, swept off his feet by rain and a falling woman. Anastasia began giggling as well, and soon the two of them were hysterically laughing, on the concrete in the rain, just the two of them on the streets of New York City.

Anastasia sighed adoringly at Bucky, and she lowered her head to give him a small but sweet kiss on the lips. It was short and not very intimate, but it screamed Anastasia.

"We should r-return." she uttered, her teeth chattering from the cold. Bucky nodded, his body feeling numb. They walked back, hand in hand, not minding the rain so much anymore now that they were already drenched. Walking was also the more preferable choice now that they knew the consequences of running.

They received nothing but stares once they entered the lobby. Bucky silently thanked the gods - though not Thor or Loki - that none of the Avengers were there. They would mercilessly make fun of his appearance. However, he was willing to bet his arm that Tony would get a recording of this from J.A.R.V.I.S.

"Sorry about the rain..." Bucky began as they were in the elevator, heading towards their apartment. He wanted this date to be flawless, and it was, up until the weather decided to screw it up. It was fun to share a kiss in the rain, but it still ruined the thoroughly planned night.

"It's okay." Anastasia responded, "tonight was perfect."

"Even with the rain?" he asked. Anastasia stood on her toes and kissed him once again, leaving a lingering feeling on his lips.

"Even with the rain." she whispered gently, her smile causing Bucky's heart to melt.