Vivillon x Reader

You stood on the platform, waiting for the announcer to introduce you. You just had to win this, you had worked too hard to lose now.

"NOW, (RIVAL)'S OPPONENT, (YN)!"  The announcer called. The platform raised you to the bright lights of the stadium, making you cover your eyes.

"It's impressive that you got this far, (YN)," Your rival snorted as you uncovered them to face (him/her). "but your streak ends here! Come out, Milotic!" (Rival)'s Milotic bursted from it's pokeball with shimming water exploding around it for effect. You gritted you teeth, seeing your points being deducted. A Milotic made you a god in Pokemon Contests.

"That all you got?" You retorted back. Your grip on your own pokeball tightened. You were saving this Pokemon for the final round, no one had seen it. In fact, it wasn't even a Pokemon from Hoenn, your home region. It's uniqueness was what you were counting on. "Let's see how you handle this!" 

Vivillon emerged gracefully from it's pokeball, twirling it's wings and emitting pink glimmering specks. It's sun pattern was something to behold. The whole stadium gasped as Vivillon continued to show off it's wings, making them shine in the sunlight.

"Solar Beam!" You called. It let out a soft battle cry, warming up the move. It spun in the air again before aiming the attack at the sky. It spread it's wings, making the beam wider and sparkle. The crowd was ecstatic.

You looked over to (Rival) and Milotic, both were completely stunned. Then you both looked over to the point board, hearing the sounds of points being deducted. (Rival)'s points had been dropped to 0, (his/her) jaw dropping with it.

"UNBELIEVABLE! (YN) HAS MANAGED TO DROP THEIR OPPONENTS POINTS WITH ONLY ONE MOVE! (YN) IS THE WINNER OF THIS YEAR'S ANNUAL POKEMON CONTEST CHAMPIONSHIP! CONGRATS TO THEM!"

You and Vivillon both cheered in happiness as the sun continued to reflect off it's wings, lighting up the stadium. On second look, your rival's Milotic across the battlefield looked as bland as can be.