04|WALK WITH ME

As predicted, when news broke out that Ally would be going on her mission (or as she put it, leaving to attend her first few patients), her mother and father put together a massive going away party. Jojo also claimed that she and her husband, William, would be flying to England since William had an emergency meeting with the CEO of his company. Everyone bought it because nobody knew better, except Ally.

She fidgeted with the few last strands of her hair, curling them to perfection. In frustration, she grumbled and fell backwards onto her bed. She hadn't slept a minute since her sister told her to tell Bucky and Steve that she was lying to them.

"It wasn't a lie," she told herself. "Just a small fib."

That was complete bullshit.

Ally knew better. She was apart of a highly secret agency that could end America's shortage of men. She wasn't some nurse on the battleground, she was a genius. She was helping her country, she was doing what she was born to do.

Be extraordinary.

Ally took a few more seconds to put herself together. Her elegant and black skirt suit gave off the vibe that she was more than what meets the eye, which was true. She fluffed out her hazel curls one last time before topping off her outfit with a black wide-brimmed hat. She stained her lips red before closing her bedroom door and made her way downstairs.

The Jones' house was cleaned from top to bottom. The hardwood floor sparkled with fresh wax and every window in the house was open so it smelt like summer. The drapes blew effortlessly from the small summer breeze as Ally found herself in the empty parlour.

She fell against the plush couch and rested her head on a pillow. A photo caught her attention, placed a few centimetres from her face. She reached over and grabbed it, bringing it closer to her face. It was a picture of her, Steve and Bucky from a few years ago. It was the very first time they ever came over for dinner. Ally was much shorter back then, almost the same height as Steve. She was taller than him now but still didn't reach Bucky's height. Bucky's hair was combed back while Steve's blonde hair was up in every direction. She was seventeen in that photo, now she was twenty-two.

"Alchemy darling, what are you doing in here?" her mother's attention snapped her back to reality. "We have guests coming over soon, you should be by the front door."

"Sorry mama," Ally sat up and flattened out her skirt. "How do I look?"

Rosa tucked her hands in front of her and smiled. "Molto bellissimo."

"Grazie," she took a step towards her mother and kissed her cheek. "I'll be waiting by the front door, make sure Kep and Nico aren't doing anything stupid."

"Wait," Rosa grabbed her daughter's arm. "Be a lady tonight, alright? I know you don't like parties in your honour but smile, use your manners, at least pretend to have fun."

Ally nodded, feeling rather miserable. "I will mama."

With that, Ally made her way to the front door and was soon greeted by multiple guests, all here for her going away party. She shook their hands, hugged them, kissed their cheeks and smiled gratefully. One by one, each guest brought more life to the Jones' household as the party began. Kepler played the piano in the parkour, keeping the party at a steady beat. Harold cracked up jokes with his scientist friends and Rosa tended the kitchen. What could possibly be missing?

Ally's lips tugged into a huge grin when Bucky and Steve approached the front door. Forgetting her manners, she ran towards them and wrapped her arms around Bucky's neck. She held on a little longer than she should have before turning to Steve. "You two cleaned up nicely."