Chapter 22: Stranger

"Maybe, if you can't get someone out of your head they were never meant to leave. Perhaps, they were meant to help change you into the person you have been waiting to become." ― Shannon L. Alder

Xandrous' POV

I woke up with the loud buzzer. I grunted harshly as I opened my eyes and was welcomed with Vicky's serene sleeping face, looking so angelic in her sleep. I smiled as I gently tugged my hand away from her waist and use it to carry her head gently, as I pulled my other hand off her head. She stirred and turned to the other side, causing me to free my hand and I gently crawled out of the bed. Just as my feet touch the carpeted floor, the buzzer rang again and I muttered curses under my breath as I pulled myself up and stalked towards the bedroom door and into our suite door, without bothering to wear a shirt, just my boxer on. 

Yanking it open, my secretaries' face welcomes me. My scowl deepens. She steps back a little when her eyes met mine, looking like she wanted to run and hide. Her eyes glued to my face, her cheeks a shade of red. "G-good m-morning, s-sir," she stutters awkwardly not knowing what to do. 

Can't she be resourceful for once? How hard is it to ask a spare key from the reception desk? Where are these smart secretaries these days?

I swallowed the thoughts back and rather kept my mouth shut as I cocked my head towards inside, signaling her to go in as I opened the door wide. She scuttles inside towards the living room just before the bedroom, holding several big paper bags. 

"How is the PP's hotel going?" I asked just to get her nerves relax. She looks quite frightened at my presence, avoiding to look at me. 

She stood straight as soon as she placed the bags on the glass coffee table and the rest on the couch. 

Upon hearing it, her face lit up a bit and she seems to relax. "They have started the massive concrete skeleton already, working on the foundation as we speak." 

My eyebrows shot up upon hearing it. It's been a month and they haven't finished with the foundation? "They are still working on the foundation, you said?" I asked. I've talked to some of my board of directors about the ongoing other projects but never talk to Loris and Ben yet about the development of the hotel in England. 

"Xandrous?" my head whipped to the bedroom door and snapped back to her, with her eyes trained on the door as well.

"GO!" I snapped and she hurriedly scuttles to the door before I could say another word.

Just as she closes the door behind her, the other door opens and Vicky sauntered towards me, frowning. "I heard you talking with someone?" she said her eyes sparkles as she eyes me up and down, then her eyes darting to the paper bags scattered on the coffee table and couch, approaching it.  

She stops beside the table and leaned in to inspect the bag. My eyes automatically landed to her behind as my shirt lifted up a little showing half of her ass cheeks, realizing she's only wearing my shirt and nothing underneath and my body suddenly feels excited.

"Just my secretary," I said as I inspect her flawless ass laid in front of me. 

Fucking damnation! I love the view!

Just as I was enjoying it, she suddenly bolted upright staring at me with a scowl. My eyes met hers instinctively. "IN YOUR BOXER SHORT?" she shrieked.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Yeah ..." I trailed off. Her eyes narrowing squarely at me.

"You face your secretary with just your BOXERS ON?" her voice increasing. 

"Well, I don't want her to keep pressing the buzzer if I let her wait while I was getting dress," I reasoned out, my face scrunched up. 

Her face brightened a little, but her eyes still sharp. "Well, at least you should have worn some shirt," her lips curled in distaste. She stood straight and crosses her hands on her chest as she squared her shoulder, chest puffing out. Her eyes lock my eyes. "Did you two do it?" she asked in an accused tone. I shook my head in disbelief, then I narrowed our gap. Her eyebrow shot up. "Did you?" she pressed accusingly, not backing down.