40

C H A P T E R  40

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us? You know mum would be delighted," Fred asked Ron as the group, the trio, Percy, and Ginny were in the Common Room ready to say their goodbyes. "You too, Harry,"

Harry and Ron exchanged a look and shook their heads. "That's ok, we're fine here,"

"What about you, Perce?" Fred asked, his attention turning to his older brother.

Percy instantly shook his head. "I'm also fine here,"

"Won't you be lonely without us?" George added with a cheeky grin.

Percy shook his head again. "I'm fine here. I spoke to mother and I hope you all have a fantastic trip. She knows I'll look over Ginny who had requested to stay here," he explained and sat down next to Ginny on the couch.

She gave them a small smile and brought her m diary closer to her chest.

"Well then fine. We won't bring you back any gems that we find," Fred said boastfully and grabbed his bag.

Percy rolled his eyes, not even wanting to comment.

Samantha hugged everyone good bye and told Harry to behave. "I don't want to hear any more rumors when I get back," she said grinning.

Harry rolled his eyes. "I promise you won't,"

"Watch over him, Ronniekins," Samantha said hugging him and ruffling up his hair, a habit she grew fond of.

"I've got him under control," Ron said smiling.

After hugging Hermione and making sure they weren't going to open their Christmas presents, early, the group left the Common Room and started heading down the Entrance Hall. Samantha held onto Oaks' cage and her rut sack as they walked down the stairs.

"Are you meeting Cedric?" Angelina asked when McGonagall checked their names off and wished them a "Happy Christmas."

"On the train, for a little bit," Samantha replied as they climbed into a carriage. The twins and Lee followed and they headed off to Hogsmeade Station.

Once they got there about ten minutes later, they exited and handed their stuff to the nearby conductor.

"Let's go find a compartment before it's too late," Samantha said.

"I'm sure it won't be that hard," Fred spoke from behind them.

"Yeah, no one is going to want to sit by the Heiress of Slytherin," George finished laughing.

"Ha ha," Samantha said sarcastically and they found a compartment towards the middle of the train.

They sat down and moments later, the door opened and Oliver sat down next to them, his faced emersed in his Quidditch notebook.

"Do you ever put that thing down?" Samantha asked, eyeing the book with annoyance. "I'm starting believe you're actually sick,"

"Our next match against Hufflepuff is imperative. If they beat Ravenclaw then we have to beat them by a large margin-"

"Ok!" Samantha spoke raising her hands. "I get it, Oliver. It's important that we win,"