Chapter 17

Hey! :) hope you like this chapter even though it’s short. Thanks for holding on. I am almost done with university! One more month. I just have a lot of assignments going on. I will try to upload again soon. It’s definitely getting good.

Thanks for the fans, votes and comments :)

You guys make this story.

P.S please check out my other werewolf story called The Resistance.

****

“So I let go, watching you, turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I got”

Chapter 17

I lay in bed awake the pain I had felt early had subsided. Alpha Carter had left to go take care of some business, before he left he assured me that we would talk about everything when he got back.

I didn’t know what he saw in my dream, my block must’ve been weak for him to even catch a glimpse. Was it always weak when I had a nightmare?

It wasn’t a nightmare though; it was always a memory that I couldn’t lock away, not when my guard was down. I ran my hand through my tangled messy red hair as I stared up at the ceiling waiting for my mate to return from his duties.

The last bit of pain I felt earlier marked the end of my heat. I was glad for it all to be over.

I no longer had to call out for him to come and save me from the pain. I missed the pain, it consumed me, took over my thoughts. All I ever thought about was the pain, not enough room to think of anything else. Now I was forced to think about everything.

I felt so completely alone. I missed Slade, Nate, Asher and Dominic. They made my life bearable because they let me share a part of their lives.

I lay like this for a few hours, not moving not speaking, just staring at the ceiling waiting for my knight in shining armour to appear. To sweep me off my feet and give me a kiss that would mean everything.

Every. Little. Thing.

My eyes felt droopy and I was slowly drifting off to sleep, so tired of waiting. I heard his heavy footsteps, making their way to my room. He opened the door.

He was soon becoming very familiar to me. His scent engulfed me. All I could do was look into his eyes as he sat down on a chair close to my bed. I don’t know how long it must’ve of been but all we did was stare into each other’s eyes. I was getting agitated it was like he was just prolonging the inevitable.

“Are you going to tell me why you don’t want me?” I asked finally breaking the silence that fell between us.

He signed then, like he had to do an impossible task, add reason to this madness.