Six

I stayed in my spot as the bed shifted under his weight. He reached over to grab me but I moved farther away.
"What?"
He asked obviously knowing I was pissed.

"You're going to kill him?"
I asked holding back my tears. He stayed silent and I was getting angry.

"I know you're going for him. Are you going to hurt him? Are you?!"
I yelled sitting up. He sat up also and I could tell he was getting mad also.

"He's innocent you jealous bastard! I loved him because I couldn't love you! Get over yourself! I'm back here!"
I shouted. He then pinned me down, his hands pushing down on the inside of my elbows.

"He's not fucking innocent. He touched my wife. What I do to him is none of your concern."
He hissed, his breath hot on my neck.
"If you hurt him, I'm leaving with Isaac."
I whispered and his grip tightened.

"You're never leaving again, if I have to chain you too the bed, so be it."
He replied and I squirmed under his grip.
"You're hurting me."
I whispered and he let go.

"You're not leaving. Whatever happens to him is none of your concern."
He repeated then turned away.

I rolled on top of him and wrapped my hands around his massive neck and squeezed.
"Leave him alone! I'm with you! He's someone in the past! I'm letting you pass although you've been with another woman!"
I shouted.

"Get off of me!"
He shouted and his massive hands wrapped around my shoulders and he threw me off the bed.

I hit the ground hard and groaned, landing on my side near the bed. He climbed out of bed and rushed over.

He crouched down in front of me and gently grabbed my arms, trying to pull me up.

"Are you ok-"
"Get away from me!"
I screamed at him and he fell back on his ass. I got up and left the room, slamming the door behind me.

I walked into Isaac's room and got comfy on the couch when the door opened. He sat at the edge of my bed and I stared at him in the darkness.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I wasn't thinking."
He muttered and I stayed silent.
"I don't want to talk to you right now, but I'm sorry for choking you."
I whispered and he sighed.

"Emma,"
"Just leave."
"Emma,"
"Fuck! Just go! Listen to me for once!"
I yelled then Isaac began to cry. I brushed past Nikolai and picked Isaac up.

Nikolai left the room and I rocked Isaac back to sleep, closing my eyes.

•••••••••••

I walked out to the garden with Adrien, Cooper and Isaac as we talked.

I was quiet and they knew something was wrong between Nikolai and I, especially since they both heard the shouting.

I had a long bruise on the side of my hip, and I knew it wasn't that bad compared to Nikolai's throat.

I saw it this morning.

"What happened last night?"
Cooper asked and I sighed.
"I choked him and argued with him about my ex. But he wouldn't listen to me, so I choked him and he threw me off of him."
I explained quietly.

What I did wasn't right, I couldn't justify my actions. I'm not saying Nikolai was a victim in all of this, but I shouldn't have choked him.

My breath became shaky and I sighed.
"I need to go back in."
I muttered and Cooper came to my side with Adrien and they brought me back inside up to Isaac's room.

Adrien rested Isaac down while Cooper sat next to me and I sighed, looking at him.

"My ex is a good man. He's never committed a crime in his life. He doesn't deserve what Nikolai wants to do to him. Please. Please. Don't go after him. Avoid him."
I begged and Cooper nodded.

"Whats his name?"
He asked and I stared into his eyes.
"I'm trusting you, Cooper."
I whispered and he nodded.

"Thomas James."
I replied and he nodded then a maid came in.
"Cooper...er Mr. Meddler, Mr. Ivanov would like you too go on your 'trip' now."
The maid said then Cooper got up, passionately kissed Adrien then left.

As I watched them kiss I felt a pinch in my heart. It was for Nikolai. I knew it was. Which the thought made me feel guilty and stupid.

I tried to clear my head as Adrien stood there blushing.
"You two are cute."
I said and she smiled at me.
"Thanks."
She whispered and I nodded.

The door then opened and Nikolai walked in. Adrien and I stared at him and he stared back.
"What?"
I asked.
"Come speak with me."
He said and I sighed then followed him out of the room and towards the office.

He opened the door and I stepped in. A doctor approached me and I stared at Nikolai.

"I know you hit the ground hard, I want to make sure nothing is fractured."
He told me quietly and I nodded then pulled down my pants, exposing my bruise.

**

"It's just some bruising, she'll be fine."
The doctor said and I gave him a small smile.

"Remember Nikolai, if you begin to have any breathing problems, come see me."
He told Nikolai and Nikolai bowed his head.

"And if you start struggling to walk, come see me."
He said then packed up his stuff and left.

"I think you should leave for awhile. Stay at your parents."
Nikolai said pouring some whiskey into a glass. I stayed silent, staring at him.

"I think it would be best for both of us."
He added.
"You'd miss Isaac too much, you'd become a drunk and, I can't let that happen."
I replied quietly.

"I didn't say Isaac was going with you."
He said and I glared at him.

"First off, he is my son. I carried him for nine months, I went through pain for twelve hours just so he could come to this world. I've raised him with blood, sweat and tears. You can't just decide what happens to him. Second, he needs to be breast fed and you don't have the breasts for the job."
I replied, getting ready to leave.

"I'm his father! I have as much right as you do too decide what happens to him!"
He exclaimed and I sighed, shaking my head.  I clenched my fists at my side and took a deep breath.

"Maybe try listening to me, just once, and see how easy our problems become solved."
I hissed then stormed out of the office and back to Isaac's room. Who does he think he is?!