bet • kelly oubre jr.

Cause you got me open
Just like a token, girl
I drank the potion
I took a shot
And it's just the motion
I'll take your love for what's it worth
Got me feeling like there's heaven on earth
Staring you down girl, where you been
The illest girl, I'll say it again

Poison~Jahkoy

------------------------------

"Why won't you go out with me?" Kelly walked alongside Jasmine on the sidewalk.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and continued walking ahead of Kelly. The two were on summer break from college, and they just happened to work at the same place. The days that Kelly didn't have practice, he walked with Jasmine. Kelly and Jasmine weren't necessarily friends, more like acquaintances because they lived in the same neighborhood. Usually, Jasmine didn't mind the company, but Kelly always had to hit on her.

"So I don't even get answers now?" Kelly pouted.

"I'm not going to go out with you." Jasmine replied, still moving forward and not looking at him.

Kelly walked a little bit faster, and turned around so he could walk backwards and still talk to her.

"Come on, Jas. Why not?" He questioned again.

"You aren't my type." Jasmine stated, still not looking at him. She knew she was lying to herself. Anyone who looked at Kelly knew they were immediately attracted to him.

"Then what is your type?" The two stopped walking and Kelly held the door open for Jasmine.

"Kelly, just drop it. Alright?" Jasmine smiled, taking out her keys and going into her apartment.

"Bye, Jas."

--------------------------

Jasmine dribbled her basketball, her earphones in, and was focusing on her handles.

She loved playing basketball, it relieved her stress from her classes, and she always felt better afterwards.

Kelly walked by the open basketball court and saw Jasmine outside shooting from the three point line.

He had no idea that Jasmine played, he smiled to himself as he kept walking and went up to his apartment. He changed clothes and walked back down to the basketball court to bother Jasmine.

When she turned around, she saw Kelly making his way over to her, and she mentally rolled her eyes.

"Hey, Jasmine." Kelly greeted, sticking his hands in his basketball shorts pockets.

"Kelly, please don't come out here to bother me." Jasmine replied, dribbling the ball lightly.

Kelly smirked. "I just saw you out here playing, and you're pretty good."

"Thanks-"

"But not as good as me." Kelly quipped.

Jasmine laughed, "I've seen you play, Kelly and you're okay I guess."

Kelly scoffed, shaking his head. "Baby girl, trust me you haven't seen all I can do."

"Whatever, Kelly. You haven't seen everything I can do either."

"How about this?" Kelly started and Jasmine nodded holding the basketball.

"We play against each other to twenty one. If I beat you, then you have to go out on a date with me." Kelly smirked.

"What do I get if I win?" Jasmine questioned.

"I'll leave you alone."

"Deal."

------------------------

Jasmine and Kelly were both tied at twenty, and Jasmine had the ball. She wanted to beat Kelly so bad, although she had to admit that Kelly was really good at basketball.

"I don't give up easily baby girl." Kelly taunted getting ready to play defense.

Jasmine smiled, dribbling the ball and trying to cross Kelly, but he reached out and stole it.

He ran up to the basket, and made the easy layup.

Jasmine sighed, putting the both of her hands on her head so she could catch her breath.

"You're really good, Jasmine." Kelly complimented, lifting up his shirt to wipe his face.

Jasmine couldn't help but stare at Kelly's abs while he did so.

"Thank you, you too."

Kelly walked closer to Jasmine and grabbed her hand in his.

"I promise you'll like this date, meet me at our spot at six tomorrow." Kelly kissed her cheek, and walked off.

Jasmine smiled, and was glad that she finally gave Kelly a chance.

----------------------

This is for itsjasminaye

I'm sorry this took so long, I've been having writers block for these, pushing through it! More coming later!

❤️❤️