Chapter 29

We wandered aimlessly through the castle halls, since we got out of class early much to both of our surprise.

“He never lets us go early.” Astoria commented suddenly, snapping me out of my own thoughts. 

“Yeah, I know, maybe he just can’t stand people today?” I offered, later remembering that he can’t stand people any day. 

“What did you do to him?” She asked cautiously, as if I would have something to do with his moods. 

“Not a thing.” I answered less than honestly. “I don’t control that man’s moods.” I said strongly. 

“I don’t think I believe that…” she trailed off, elbowing me slightly, I laughed but did nothing to retaliate.  

“Well we weren't the first ones to leave.” I pointed out “And besides, did you really want to sit in that room?” I asked, to which she had no answer. 

Instead she changed the subject as we walked, first talking about quidditch and about the upcoming game against Gryffindork. When she asked me if I was going I didn't know what to tell her, on one hand it would build my reputation a bit more, and I could probably get Potter’s attention. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about the sport itself. Without thinking I agreed to go to the game. 

This caught her off guard. “Oh really?” she seemed surprised, almost if she didn't want me to go. 

“Yeah.” I said reaching the staircase of the dormitories. “It couldn't hurt right?”  She nodded thoughtfully. 

“Are you feeling okay?” She asked reaching to touch my forehead, I smacked her hand away and laughed dryly. “I’m fine” I rolled my eyes at her. 

“If you say so, you're just…weird.” She commented. “Not that its a bad thing” She quickly corrected, “just don’t get your hopes up. I’m pretty sure that they will win. They always are biased in their favor.” 

“Oh, don’t you worry about that” I smirked mischievously. “I’ve got a plan.” 

The rest of the afternoon passed uneventfully, and I was proud of myself for getting my homework done early. Something that never happened at all, and rarely happened on time. But with the end of the year approaching in the next few weeks, I realized I would have to excel in order to not get stuck in Snape’s Shithole again. Or so I tried to convince myself. 

By the time dinner rolled around I realized I wasn't hungry at all, but still managed to make my way to the Great Hall. Astoria was no where to be found, but I didn't let that bother me, I had someone I wanted to speak to. 

“Yo. Malfoy.” I walked up to my brother, using our surname to get his attention faster. He turned to me surprised, eyebrows raised quizzically. 

“What’s your deal?” I asked, referring to his absence in my life the past few days. 

“What?” he asked, puzzled as to what I could have been talking about. 

“You’ve been avoiding me.” I used the best father voice I could muster, still didn't sound right from my mouth. 

“Have not.” he childishly spoke, taking a seat beside me but isolated from the rest of his normal group. 

“Have too!” I replied in the same tone. “What? Am I not your favorite anymore?” I questioned, feigning a hurt tone. To which he rolled his eyes. 

“Of course you are. Sorry, I’ve just been kind of distracted.” He shrugged, causing my stomach to drop.

 “With what?”