Chapter 5

Hello everyone!

Right, so first off, I want to thank everyone who voted or wrote me a nice comment. It means the world to me!

Special thanks to the people who fanned me, you guys are awesome!

I can't believe that Secret Wings is #4 in Adventure and #8 in Fantasy! Thanks everyone for making this so popular!

**This chapter is dedicated to @Raven17 for her super helpful comments! I can't thank you enough, you helped me so much! You're amazing! :D

------------------------

Chapter 5

After leaving Starbucks, Chase thoughtfully stopped at the mall so I could get a change of clothes. At first, I refused, as I had no money, but he insisted, so I relented.

"Buy a pair of pants, two or three shirts, and anything else you might need. It'll take us a few days to get to Aeolus."

A few minutes later, I came back with everything I needed.

Chase paid for my stuff and looked at me, surprised, "Wow, that only took you ten minutes or something! I didn't know girls could shop this fast!"

I rolled my eyes. "Not all girls like to spend hours shopping at the mall, you know. Plus, we're kind of in a hurry right now, so I wasn't going to waste precious time deciding which top best matched my shoes."

Chase laughed. "Alright, I got it. Come on, we should get going."

I went quickly to the bathroom to change after Chase had cut slits for my wings through the back of one of my shirts.

"So, how do we get to the land of the Winged?" I asked, following Chase out into the street. Different scenarios, each one cooler than the others, popped into my mind. Were we going to get there on the back of a giant bird? Or maybe they had flying boats that traveled between Aeolus and the human world?

"We're taking the bus." This answer brought my imagination to an abrupt stop. I tried not to let my disappointment show. The bus? How boring is that?

We arrived at the bus stop and Chase leaned against a wall, looking out for a sign of the coming bus. I looked at a map of the bus' itinerary.

"I don't see any stop called Aeolus or Winged something." I said, walking back to Chase.

He shot me a weird look. "Why would there be..." Then he started laughing, "No, Hailey, the Land of Aeolus is not a bus stop. I think the bus would have a little trouble getting to a place above the clouds."

"But, I thought you said..."

"We are taking the bus, but that's just to get closer to the place where we can actually get to Aeolus." Chase said, growing serious again.

My mouth formed a silent "Oh."

"Wait, so how do we actually get to the Land of the Winged people? Like, from the world of human to yours?" I asked, as my hopes of some extraordinary way of transportation flared back in my mind.

"There's a tower that leads there."

I looked at him in astonishment. "A tower? You mean some guy just decided to build a tower from the human world to Aeolus? A giant bird would have been much more efficient, if you ask me. Well, there better be an elevator, because there's no way I'm climbing up a giant tower all the way to the land of the Winged."

Chase started laughing again. He gasped for air. "God, Hailey, you're so funny! An elevator all the way to..." He did not finish his sentence as he fell back into fits of laughter.