Chapter 42: The Answer (to Life)

EnderOni

Chapter 42: The Answer (to Life)

-...-

The mansion was quite, clean, and yet untouched for years until this day. Until this day, when the man appeared within it. It, the only place he's ever known. It was so familiar and though it brought negative memories, it felt like home. He thought of It as his home. Maybe not a home he'd like to stay in forever, but at this moment in time, in an alternate dimension, where he would promise himself not to ruin things again, it was home.

"Only a monster would call this place home." He chuckled to himself, "He did call me a monster."

He walked around the halls and into the rooms, actually taking in the detail of the place. He hadn't ever noticed that there was kitchen ware in the kitchen down stairs, and that TV in the same room worked, it just didn't get any service. There was so much dust on everything too.

There was no blood though, and it would stay that way.

Well, unless you counted the blood on the fifth floor, but he didn't check to see if that was there at all. He thought it would be best to avoid the fifth floor. He had to think about his future. His future in a world that had yet to met him.

He was actually feeling pretty excited about this. He had no plan but that was okay because he felt better about himself. He knew more about himself now and he was thankful to be able to restart everything, in a way. He wasn't going to forget the terrible things he did, he didn't deserve to forget any of that, and he wasn't going to forget the Tyler whose life he ruined. He wasn't going to forget the Seto that saved him either.

It was almost selfish, but he low key hoped they wouldn't forget him either.

He wondered if Tyler had lived or died after Seto reset his world's time line. He still wondered about the journal and he wondered just how much and how long that kid, Unity, had been following him. How did he know they were the same person? How come he could never tell the kid was there? Why didn't the kid ever try to stop him in the first place?

It was around noon that day in that untouched dimension, and Onity found himself wondering around the safe room, which was just as untouched and dusty as the rest of the mansion. He remembered the room from loop one and he sighed, sitting on the edge of one of the tables. He remembered pretending to be someone he was not. He looked down at his legs and then down at his shoes as he kicked them back and forth in the air.

"If I'm going to start a new life, I should stop pretending to be other people." Onity told himself and pushed himself off the table.

He walked into the bathroom of the safe room, the door closing behind him. The room was pretty dark, there being two lights on each side of the long mirror on the other wall of the room, yet both being pretty dull. He could see himself pretty clearly in the mirror though, and for the first time in a long time he took in what he looked like. No, what someone else looked like.

"We've got to fix this mess." He sighed, leaning in real close to the mirror, looking into his own eyes. "Ugh, I do kind of like the mismatching eye color though."

He stood back again and then thought for a second, staring at his image in the mirror, and then decided on what he could do for now. He knew a few simple things that he could do.

First off, his disguise was messy. He'd been running around, covered in his own blood, and damn there was still that painful bullet in his shoulder. He gazed as his shoulder, even poking at the hole a bit, only to find the metal and shiver. He did a spell or two , which granted did take some energy, and though his shoulder still hurt, the bullet was no longer there. How the body under the disguise would still be healing from what happened, he could reset the disguise to hide them. And that's what he did.