Chapter One.

"You're down to eight fingers Caleb. Wanna make it five?"

Caleb Matherson. Loan shark of Easten Park. A fucking dirty cheat who likes to collect bills early.

This time he isn't early. He know me well enough to give me until the due date. In fact he knows me so well he gave me an extra two weeks. But reputation and greed precede brains. He came to me knowing full well I didn't have the cash. So I had to brake a few fingers.

There's nothing honorable about Easten Park, so I have no code of conduct to abide by. The only law here is survival of the fittest and if it comes down to me or Caleb, well he was the one who burnt that bridge. And my five-foot-five self has no problems humiliating him or any of the fools who come looking for repayments.

"Ty, it's 6 figures. You know I can't just let it slide. Mag is gonna come looking for that money."

"Fuck Mag. I'm no user or jumper. You don't come into my place and start demanding cash. If it were anyone else I'd crack there skulls. And that's why Mag sent you."

Mag. Maggie. The self proclaimed operator of Easten Park. There's no authority here and the Cities don't give a fuck what happens to the Harbor Lands. As long as we don't interfere with their trade.

It's like the bitch snuck into power one night. We were all self governed until one day we weren't. You couldn't walk a hundred meters with out meeting someone who owed her money. She owned everyone.

And just like that she had the power.

"So you crawl back to that bitch and tell her I'll come to her when I have her money. And if you or anyone else bothers me with this shit, I'll send em back to her in pieces. Got me? "

He looks a lot deeper in thought that I would ever expect from Caleb.

"You know you can't be everywhere at once."

Caleb's slimy sidekick speaks up. I don't know his name, only seen him around once or twice.

"And your sister is always in the same place."

"The fuck you say to me."

The fucking balls on this guy. Even Caleb can't believe what he just heard. He steps away from him, moving to the side and moving out of my way.

I'm little, so the two hundred pound ostentatious blob of muscle doesn't flinch with me walking at him. It's good, cause it means he doesn't react quick enough when I slice my serrated blade across his gut.

"I don't think you know who I am mate."

I know I cut through some important bits and pieces, so he drops to his knees quick enough. Letting me look down on this piece of shit as I push my knife to his throat.

"I'm Tony. And your fucking dead."

My blade goes in to his windpipe like a knife through butter. He splatters blood from his mouth gurgling and choking making his death even more satisfying.

I turn to Caleb. He would never purposefully bring that sort of cunt into my house but the fact remains that the cunt was still in my house.

"Ty. I'm sorry. Joe vetted him. I thought he was clean."

"Get the fuck out of my house."

There is no fight left in him, he does as told.

"Oh and Caleb, you or yours come around here again and you'll be starting war."