Chapter Twenty

The Icy Beta: Chapter Twenty

The next morning, I woke up at dawn. I sat up from the bed slowly and reached out for the alarm clock which was lying on top of the table at the side of the bed. The clock read 6:13am. I took a glance at Brayden who was sleeping soundly before I climbed down of the bed gently. I took a glance at Brayden to ensure that I didn't wake up him before I went into the bathroom. I washed up and headed down to the kitchen. I felt much better as compared to yesterday.

I decided to bake some cookies and bring it to Ethan and the others. I felt bad for going all beast at them. I hoped I wouldn't go beast again while meeting them this time. Should I wake Brayden up and ask him to go with me? But he seems tired. He might also tie me back to the bed and forbid me to visit them.

I should stop thinking too much and get to work. I took out the ingredients such as flour, eggs, butter, bowls, chocolate bits etc and placed it on the table. I beat the eggs and poured the flour into the same bowl. I hoped the cookies would come out right. After mixing the ingredients and kneading it into dough, I separated the dough into pieces and put it on a baking tray. I put the tray into the oven and waited for 10 minutes before the cookies were ready to be consumed. I packed the cookies nicely into a box. It was around 8:15am when I was ready to go out. Are they awake? Or is it too early? I hope I didn't disturb their sleep.

I wore my shoes and held the box as I walked towards the house that Ethan and the rest were staying.

Do they know who I am? Or what I am? I was feeling nervous and I wasn't sure if Brayden had explained to them what was happening. Will they avoid me? Oh gosh!! Will they hide from me? I probably did hurt them. Although Brayden didn't specifically said 'Hailey, you wounded them.', but it was a high probability that I had attacked them and I was hoping they would forgive me.

I stood in front of the door step and hesitated. Should I knock? I came all the way here to see them. I should gather all my courage and knock on the freaking door! Yes. Knock it, Hailey.

I reached out my hand and wanted to knock on the door. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to knock it. When my knuckles were about to get in contact with the door, the door swung opened. I stared at her and she stared back at me. Ok... This is getting awkward. I didn't recognise who was she. I should have asked Brayden to introduce all of the pack members to me.

"Hailey!!" I turned to my right to see Brayden marching towards me. He looked unhappy. When he came up to me, he placed the jacket that he was holding on over my body. He stared angrily at me.

"I'm... sorry..." I lowered down my head and glanced at him occasionally. "I just wanted to... check on Ethan and others to see whether they are fine."

Brayden let out a sigh and placed his arm around my waist. He pulled me closer to him. "You should have informed me."

"I'm sorry." I snuggled against Brayden's chest. Honestly speaking, his chest was a real good pillow. Muscular chest, muscular arms, damn nice to sleep on it. What was I thinking?! Focus Hailey!! Focus!!

"Beta." I turned to look at the girl who was standing at the door when she greeted Brayden. I totally forgotten about her when I saw Brayden. Brayden gave her a nod of acknowledgement.

"Nat..." Someone inside the house walked up to the door and placed his arm around that girl. I recognised this guy. It was Landon.

"Beta." Landon saw us standing at the door and he greeted Brayden.

"Hailey wanted to visit you guys." Brayden said. Landon and the girl shifted their attention to me and back to Brayden.

"I baked some cookies." I passed her the box of cookies. She took the box of cookies and smiled warmly at me.