Breaking The News

Kai speeds right past the entrance of the city and slows down, matching the pace of other cars. His hands squeeze the grip of his bike as the scene he just witnessed plays before him for the hundredth time. Something must be done. Whoever HE is that's doing THAT was so dead. His thoughts wandered to the darkest places as his muscles unconsciously worked their way back to Borg Tower. He pulls into the garage and the roar of the engine reduces to a low hum.

"Kai!" His lips immediately curved into a smile. "Hey guys," he greeted, his smile immediately disappearing at the thought of Ashley. That can wait for maybe just three seconds.

Shaking his head he forced a mantained expression, "How are you guys doing?" He asked, walking up to Cole. He smiled up at him, "It's all cool man, the only slow one here is Sensei Wu." He smirked, glancing at his Sensei. They all burst out laughing as Sensei gave a warm smile. His leg ware currently bandaged and his arm sat comfortably in a cast. He was leaning against the wheelchair as he sipped a cup of tea. His eyes betrayed how weary he still was. Though the attack was a month ago, there were still clear signs of pain and fear in their eyes. It reminded Kai every day of how impacting their memories of being in those cold cells were. He hated it, the memory of not having done enough to get to them any earlier. That wasn't going to happen to Ashley though, he thought.

"So Kai," his sister said, walking slowly towards him. She was after all, the most well recovered out of all of them. "How was the visit to the prison?" They all fell silent and turned to Kai. "Yeah dude, how are they?" Jay added. Kai paused, how was he supposed to tell them? His head hurt again, mixed emotions of anger and worry hit him like a wave. "Well..."

"Guys guys guys!!" the doors burst open and there was Borg wheeling in like a speed boat. His face lit up when he saw Kai, "Oh good you're here too!" He said excitedly, his eyes sparkling. "You guys are not going to believe the new dojo I've crafted for you all!" He exclaimed as he plugged the thumb drive into the computer lying on a table. P.I.X.A.L followed close behind with a small smile on her face.

"That's nice Borg but..." Nya was quickly cut off, "Uh no no! This is absolutely magnificent and I KNOW you will all love it!" He smiled warmly at her as he wheeled towards the screen and pulled it down. He switched the visualiser on and prepared the computer. A giant blueprint flashed before their eyes and P.I.X.A.L dimmed the lights through her linkage to the system. Kai had to admit, it did look impressive but there was something else larger at stake here.

"Okay so look," he started off, beckoning their eyes to the right corner of the new dojo. It zoomed into a corridor of doors lining the area. "You're gonna have separate rooms just like last time but with..." "Borg." Kai started off firmly.

He rambled on, oblivious to Kai's attempts to grab his attention. "Cirus!" He exclaimed. He stopped and glanced at Kai his eyes still holding a tinge of excitement in them. "Yes?"
"Ashley remembered me!"

"Wait what?" Nya whipped her head around to face her brother, "What??"

"She remembers," Kai repeated.

"She recognised me and told me he took her."