26

he pulled her towards another ride.

"hey! that one looks fun!"

and another.

"let's try this one!"

this–
was this a good idea?

"last one, i swear!"

"maybe this one next."
"again!"
"wasn't that awesome?"
"let's do it again!"
"that one looks scary, let's do it!"
"woah, we should try that one."
"wasn't it grea-"

"j-jungkook." soojeong tugged at his shirt and her knees trembled as she attempted to adjust her posture.

he beamed at her, but it quickly faded away when he saw her trying to hold back a cry, a sob, a hurl.

"babe... let's stop."

she squeezed him into a hug of gratitude as he chuckled.

"good, i almost th-"

well,
she did throw up.

the foreign duvet covers hugged sejin's side as her brother tucked her into the nice-smelling bed. she giggled adorably when he had tickled her neck by accident, grazing her skin with his slender fingers.

once he was sure she had dozed off, he placed himself on top of the brown couch in the corner of the hotel room. but he simply stayed there with his eyes firmly shut, believably.

soojeong limped into sejin's room, and caught sight of her boyfriend looking calm and elegant–she enviously eyed him and wondered how someone could look that good all the time,
like
all the time.

curiously, she stepped towards him and regarded his sleeping state. an evident grin crept onto her flustered face.

a pair of hands grasped her,
and she was dragged into the arms of a person whom beheld a familiar scent. jungkook held her for a while; and soojeong fell into slumber with a crimson red tint on her cheeks.

she awoke in the friendly gleam of sunrise, surprisingly, in her own bed. in the hotel, anyway.
soojeong spotted a figure, a person, who seemed to answer the screeching telephone by her bedside.
jungkook greeted her with a sheepish peck on the lips. she rubbed her eyes groggily.

"hello?" he began, using his telephone voice.

"jeon jungkook? it's the hwayang modelling agency." buzzed on the other side.

"oh, what's happened?" he unknowingly foreshadowed.

"yoora is...um..
nowhere to be found, she isn't answering her phone."

soojeong's mind and eyes were drifting away back into her personal dreamland, the following voices a murmur to her.

all she could clearly make out was the line
as it went dead.

"soojeong? soojeong!!
i-i need to go."