Chapter 27: New Addition

Chapter 27: A New Addition

Ivy

"I am not pregnant!" I shouted at Caya and Aria. They decided to come over so we could have a girl's day, but they spent most of the day complaining how I was moody and possibly pregnant.

"Yes you are!" Caya shouted back.

"I am not, and I'm appreciate if you all just stopped talking about it." I rolled my eyes.

"We'll stop talking about it when you take a test." Ari shrugged.

"No, because I'm not pregnant. What makes y'all think that I am?"

"Uhh, I don't know," Caya lifted her finger to her chin and pretended to be thinking. "Maybe the fact that you're moody, temperamental, hungry all the time, and not to mention the fact that you've put on some weight."

I looked down at my body, and tears welled up in my eyes. Was I really fat and no one told me. "You think I gained weight?" I whispered.

"Well, yeah, just a little. It's barely noticeable." Ari answered.

Still, I felt myself about to cry. I was fat and no one thought to say anything to me.

"See, this is exactly what we mean," Caya pointed out. "You are seriously crying right now."

I reached up to wipe my cheeks. I was crying harder than I should've been due to their comment. Maybe I did need to take a pregnancy test.

***

"OK, so I got three different brands," Caya explained as she emptied nine pregnancy tests out on the counter.

I cut my eyes at her. Nine tests? Really Caya?

"Was all that even necessary?" I questioned, picking up one of the tests from the counter. It was a clear blue test, that is supposed to have the highest percentage of accuracy.

"Yes, because had I bought one, or two, or three you would've complained that they were all wrong. This way when they all come back positive, you'll believe it."

Her logic was crazy, and she was so sure of this pregnancy it was actually sickening. Speaking of sickening, I rushed over to the toilet and emptied out my breakfast from this morning. I ran a hand through my hair as I lifted my body up from the toilet. Using the back of my hand, I wiped my mouth, and then proceeded to wash my hands. OK, maybe I did need to take this test.

"Get out," I croaked to Caya and Aria before pushing them out of the bathroom.

I shut the door behind them, and began handling my business on all nine of the sticks. I sat them all side by side along the countertop, and washed my hands. As soon as I opened the door, Caya and Aria came tumbling into the bathroom.

"Now why the hell were y'all standing on the door like that?" I rolled my eyes as I pushed them to the side. "Y'all wanted to hear me pee or something?"

Sighing, they turned around and began following behind me.

"No," Caya scoffed. "We wanted to make sure you were actually taking them."

I plopped down on the couch, and anxiously bounced my leg up and down.

"How long did the box say to wait?" Ari asked.

I racked my brain, trying to come up with a mental image of the instructions on the box.

"I think it said 3 minutes," I leaned back into the seat...and waited. And waited... and waited... and waited. Those three minutes felt like the longest three minutes of my life.