Part 6

Word count: 2058
_____________________________

Thursday was soon here and I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Or three. I had all my assignments turned in -- finally -- and I had just finished a quiz in my last class, causing me to mentally applaud myself for almost making it through this stressful week. Once my interview at Harry's company was over, I was officially a free woman.

Entering my dorm room, Becca was standing next to her bed, packing clothes into a tote bag.

"You're leaving?" I asked, setting my backpack in my desk chair.

"Yeah," she replied. "It's homecoming and my brother is a senior so I'm going to go see his football game."

"Don't you have class tomorrow?"

She shook her head. "Cancelled, thankfully. I'll be back Monday morning." She zipped up her bag and waved goodbye, leaving me alone in the room. I sighed with relief; Becca never went home very often, so when she did, it was the best thing ever. Sure, I liked living with her, but you gotta have the room to yourself every once in a while, right?

I snapped my head toward the door when I heard a knock, going over and opening the door. Sadie stood there with her very tall -- and very attractive brother.

"Hey, guys," I said.

"Hey, Jill," Sadie said. "You remember Connor, right?"

"Yeah, hey, Connor." I smiled awkwardly.

"Hi, Jillian." He replied.

I moved away from the doorway, gesturing for them to come in. Sadie went straight for my bed, Connor awkwardly standing next to the door. Sadie sighed heavily, rubbing her hands down her face.

"What's with you?" I asked.

She shot a glare to Connor. "That thing over there."

"What?" Connor said. "Is it really a bad thing for me to visit my baby sister at college?"

"Yes." She groaned. "Why didn't you go see Amanda or something?"

"Because Amanda and I aren't dating anymore." He shrugged.

Sadie instantly shot up, staring at him with her mouth agape. "You what?"

"We aren't dating anymore; I thought you knew that?"

"No, I thought that bitch was going to be at every single holiday dinner until the day I died." She laughed.

"Amanda?" I asked awkwardly, looking between the two.

"His ex-wicked witch." Sadie said.

"Oh, stop," Connor said, sitting down at Becca's desk. "She wasn't that bad."

"She was awful. And stupid." Sadie said. "She thought Belgium was in Germany."

"An easy mistake." Connor defended.

"Yeah, if you're a child!" Sadie said. "They're two different countries, how do you even -- I'm done. I feel like I lose brain cells just talking about her."

Connor rolled his eyes. "It's Belgium, no one really pays attention to that tiny country anyway."

"Jillian," Sadie said. "Name a city in Belgium."

"Brussels." I said.

"Other than the capital."

"Antwerp."

Sadie raised her eyebrows at Connor, who in turn gave her an annoyed look. "Anyway," she continued. "What's up for this weekend?"

I shrugged. "Don't ask me."