Act Like You Love Me (edited)

I have fucking work today.

Awesome.

After changing into my ugly uniform and ugly shoes in the stall, I head out of the stupid school. The worst place on earth.

Dmitri is with his friends and their wives, leaning against someone's car. I keep my head down in annoyance, not wanting to speak with him. However, life obviously hates me so he spots me immediately.

See, we haven't really spoken since the party. I've just been crashing at Aly's house for the mean time. A few calls and messages have been sent my way but I never answer.

I stop, sighing as he walks over to me. My face scrunches up at the smell of weed surrounding him. He yanks my arm, red eyes burning mine. I raise a brow.

"Dmitri, let go please. I have to go to work."

He squeezes my arm harder, making me wince in pain. Laughing, he whispers, "you made my brother turn on me bitch. You'll pay."

I did absolutely nothing! He should learn how to keep it in his freaking pants! Ugh!! How can he be so-so Dmitri!?

Sarah looks at me once he returned. She starts to walk over but I shake my head, not wanting to deal with anyone's shit and walked away.

He's a piece of shit. Always will be.

//

"A cherry, shirley temple and chicken fingers for the little guy," I say with a soft smile, causing him to giggle and dig in.  "Two triple bacon cheeseburgers and a cokes for the grown ups.." I murmur quietly, handing them they're food. They thank me as I smile, stepping away so they can enjoy their meal.

I'm a waiter at this little diner. A lot of people from my school sometimes come here. Thankfully, today's not that busy. Usually it's packed.

The bell dings, Dmitri, his friends, and my ex fucking boyfriend stepping in. Why the hell does God do this to me? I think I upset someone in my past life. That has to be it. Maybe I was a murderer. Is that why my attitude is this way? Ehh, probably.

Since I'm the only waiter on the job, I have to do this shit.

Groaning, I grab another notepad and pen then walk to Dmitri's table.

"How may I help you?" I ask rudely. Dmitri looks up, a smirk curving onto his face at my annoyance. His friends sigh, obviously angered by his behavior. "3 cokes, triple hamburgers," he starts saying. My eyes roll. "And 3 large fries with cheese on top," I finish for him, writing it all down. One of his favorite things to eat are cheese fries.

I walk away, ignoring the peculiar look on his face. I take in a deep breath, heading for Ace's table.

"Hey Ace," I whisper softly, fiddling with the notebook.

"Sarahi?" His mouth parts open, eyes going wide as he takes in my changed appearance. I do so too, admiring the soft, silky hair that used to run through my fingers and green eyes that used to make my heart run.

"I have to take your order," I murmur, motioning towards the notepad. He curses himself, nodding.

"Hey, come back when your done serving alright? I...I want to talk to you," he says nervously. I nod.

Why do I always cave in?

After I serve the boys, I bring Ace his food. Glancing around, I sit after seeing my boss is in the back.

His green eyes meet mine slowly. I frown at the sight I used to love.

"I miss you. You know I never meant to hurt you. It was a mistake. I regret it. Please Sarahi," he whispers. My brows crease in pain, frown deepening. "Ace, you hurt me so badly that I can't even talk about it. I wondered why you left all the time. I mean, was I not good enough? Did I not please you as much as you wanted? I'm sorry I was such a bad girlfriend."

He shakes his head vehemently, slightly angry that I'm even saying this stuff. It's true. It's how I felt.

"You were too good for me, Sahari. I didn't deserve you. You did everything right and I fucked it all up. I always do. So don't go thinking this was your fault when it never was."

I watch as he spares me one last glance, sliding a twenty onto the table. We share a soft, pained look. My heart churns as he steps out, head shaking.

Carly, my coworker, steps in after him, confusion all over her face. Once seeing her, I know I can leave. Quickly, I follow Ace outside. He stops once noticing me.

"Don't leave me again," I say roughly, tired of him walking away. "I can't deal with you leaving. You know too much people have hurt me. Don't hurt me again. Don't be like them."

He bites his lips, sighing. My body accepts his warm embrace, his arms wrapping around me. A part of me feels as if this is wrong. As if I'm the one that needs to walk away.

"I still love you angel but-" He pushes back a bit, arms leaving me. "I can't stay and watch you get hurt..."

Our lips meet softly, his fingers in my hair. I kiss back but not as passionately as I used to. What is going on with me? Ace is all I ever thought about only a few months ago. He pushes away again, resting his head on mine. His lips connect with my head before he gets in his car, and drives away.

This...kind of sucks.