44. Shopping (CALM)

Ashton:
You walked down the hallway to the kitchen. You could hear yelling from all of the way across the house, and you were concerned. There wasn't a whole lot to tell about in a kitchen which meant something bad had probably happened. The last few days the boys had been 'helping you house sit' while Ashton was out on a retreat. You figured that the yelling meant that he had returned home. Peeking around the corner, you saw Ashton screaming at his bandmates while they lowered their heads in shame.

"I COME HOME TO THIS? YOU NOT ONLY ATE ALL OF THE FOOD IN THE HOUSE, BUT YOU DIDN'T REPLACE IT! I WAS ONLY GONE FOR TWO DAYS! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING NOW!" He sighed and rubbed his face.

You watched in alarm as Michael raised his head. You hoped he wasn't going to try and sass Ashton, because your brother looked 100% done. "Technically there was still half a bottle of ranch in there," he said timidly. You shook your head at Michael as Ashton's face heated up.

"OH I'M SORRY MICHAEL! I'LL JUST HAVE HALF A BOTTLE OF RANCH FOR DINNER!" He screamed. Michael flinched back, and hid behind Calum.

You decided enough was enough and stepped inside the room. All eyes turned towards the sudden movement, and before you could say anything Ashton had enveloped you in a hug.

"Y/N!" He chirped happily, "I missed you!" You hugged for a few seconds and stepped back.

"I'm glad your home Ashton," you smiled, "but what was all the yelling about? I could hear it from my room." You played dumb, not wanting to admit you were snooping.

"Nothing," he muttered, glaring at his bandmates, "just a minor disagreement."

"Oh? Well in that case why don't you take a nap, you look exhausted, Michael, Calum, Luke and I were planning on going grocery shopping anyway," all of Ashton's bandmates looked at you shocked while you gently pushed Ashton toward his bedroom. You felt bad for the boys, and wanted to help them get back on Ashton's good side.

"Really? They didn't mention that," he said doubtfully, pausing in front of his door.

"Yeah, they probably forgot since they were so happy to see you!" You finally managed to get him inside, and quickly closed the door. You let out a deep breath and spun around. You came face to face with all three of the boys, nearly making you shriek.

"We so owe you one Y/N!" Luke squealed, tightly hugging you.

"You really got us out of a jam there," Calum agreed, Michael nodding along.

"Yeah yeah, you guys owe me, but you might want to go actually get food," you raised an eyebrow at them. They were acting like YOU were going to do ALL of the work, when in reality you just got Ashton to be happier with them doing the work.

"Aren't you coming?" Michael asked frantically, looking at his friends with wide-eyes.

"I wasn't planning on it," you frowned. They should be capable of shopping on their own? Right?

"No no no, last time we went shopping without Ashton all we got was five pounds of spinach ravioli," Calum pulled at his hair, "we don't even LIKE spinach ravioli!"

"Do I really need to go with you?" You sighed and rubbed your face.

"Yes."

"100%"

"No question." They all confirmed it, and you sighed again.

"Let's get this over with then," you turned on your heel, and started on your way down the stairs, all three of them following behind.

You all clambered into the car, deciding that Michael could drive since he had 'a good sense of direction'. You doubted this, and your suspicions were confirmed when you got lost on the way there.