Chapter 88 - ¡Viernes!

Did I miss-spell Friday in Spanish? Probably.
Am I going to check my spelling?
No
Did I ace Spanish last year in school?
Yeah.
Does that matter?
Nope.
And I a 15 year old white girl?
Sadly.

So, it was finally Friday, weeks are far, far too long in my opinion, and the weekends are far far too short.

I know most Sophomores have jobs, but, please just let me gripe about mine for a second, and I apologize in advance because I truly have an amazing job. Ok, so, Friday's are tough. I've been working my butt off all week, and then I finally get home Friday afternoon, and then I have 2 hours at home, then I have to go to work. Before anyone gets on me about this, I get it, I only work for about an hour, but, it's generally kind of hard, there's a lot of people there, and everyone seems kind of rushed.

Anyways, you've probably guessed this, but I'm at work. Well, technically I have 3 minutes before Tim the house manager opens the door and let's the fans in like a pack of wild wolves. I was sitting cross-legged on top of my merch counter, on my phone, because, this may come as a shock to some you, I am a teenager.

I got off of the counter as Tim opened the door, and everyone started getting their tickets checked, then coming over to the various stands, many to mine.

"Hi!" A little girl skipped over to my stand, she was probably 10 or 11. She put her arms up on the counter, even through her head barely passed it.

"Hi." I replied, smiling.

"Can I have a Schuyler Sisters shirt?" She asked, pointing to a shirt on display behind me.

"Of course sweetheart." I said, smiling, and grabbing one off of a stack.

"Lily!" I saw a women run over to the little girl, who I assume was her mom. "You can't run off."

"Sorry mom." I heard Lily whisper.

"It's ok." Her mom replied, as I bagged the shirt for Lily. Her mom handed me the cash to pay for it, and without waiting for her change shuffled her daughter into the house. I laughed a little, then turned my attention to the next person in line.

"Hi!" I greeted cheerily.

"Hey." The lady responded.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked, smiling.

"Of course not. I stood in line to say hi." Wow. The sarcasm is strong in this one.

"Good point." I laughed a little, "they pay me to say that." I admitted.

"They pay you?" She asked, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, this is my job." I shrugged.

"You're Abigail Miranda right?" She inquired.

"Yep, that's me." I giggled, and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, your quote unquote dad pays you to do this?" Ouch. That kind of hurt.

"Yeah, Lin pays me." I was a little confused.

"Ugh, he really shouldn't, but, before you hold the line up any longer, can I have a mug?" She asked, and I silently began wrapping the mug in paper. "And can I say something?" She asked, and I nodded. "I know you came from abusive homes, I'm from one too. And to be honest, the way you dealt with it disgusts me." I finished wrapping the mug, and without looking up, grabbed a bag. "I dealt with it by myself. I didn't cry to the media. And I most certainly didn't leech off of someone else's money and fame."