The Girl Can't Help It

"Rossi, if only you weren't old enough to be my Dad. The things me and you could get up to."

The team laughed at your flirtatious remark to Dave as he waggled his eye brows suggestively at you.

"I'm not old enough to be your father, Baby girl. Why don't you show me some of those things, and I'll feed them back to Rossi and make him jealous." Never one to miss out on some banter, Morgan inserted himself into the conversation.

"Sure thing Tiger, why don't you meet me in the supply closet down the hall. But first... I need to get my coffee fix."

"Oh you'll need your energy for what I've got planned." He retorted.

"Well I'll go and fuel right on up then." You winked at him and slid off his desk where you'd been perched, making your way to the break area where Spencer Reid was adding fifteen or so packets of sugar to his own coffee. You'd seen him watching your exchange with Derek and Rossi, a smile on his face.

A beautiful smile on his glorious face. Ugh.

"Hey Y/N." He greeted you cheerfully.

"Um.. Hi Spence!" You quickly filled your mug up with coffee from the pot, looking around for some more sugar and not finding any.

"Shit... " You complained outloud.

"Do you want one of mine?" He offered you the last packet he'd ripped open, knowing you took your coffee with at least one sugar.

"If you don't mind. Thank you." You reached out to take it, feeling a spark of electricity as his fingers brushed against yours. You dropped the packet, sending sugar spilling onto the floor.

"FUCK! Fuckity fuck fuck fuck."

You dropped to your knees trying to brush the tiny particles into your hand, Spencer crouching down next to you to help. You cleared up in silence, your cheeks on fire at the complete twat you'd made of yourself in front of him.

"I can run down to the cafeteria and get more?" Spencer offered as he stood up, pushing his glasses which had slipped down his nose, back into place.

"It's fine. I'll drink it like this."

It would make your mouth taste foul but you'd drink it.

"Oh wait.... I know!" Spencer took your mug and tipped a little bit of the liquid out into the sink and then poured some of his into it, before topping his back up from the pot.

He looked pleased with himself as he handed your mug back, being very careful and concentrating as you took it from him. You could do without spilling boiling hot coffee down you as well.

"That should taste a bit better. God knows I've got enough sugar in mine anyway." He grinned and raised his mug to yours in a cheers motion before walking back to his desk, you watching him from behind.

Get a fucking grip, girl. You scuttled off to go and hide in Penelopes bat cave.

...

"Team this is Luisa Henry, she joins us from Andy Swans unit. She's consulting on this case with us."

"Hi guys. I'm looking forward to working with you all, especially you Dr Reid. I've heard so much about you."

You took one look at the tall brunette and you hated her instantly.

For the next five days, she stuck by Spencers side like glue, making you feel sick to your stomach. It didn't bother you when she made flirty remarks to Derek or Dave, but she made you want to breathe fire when she tried it with Reid.

Especially when he'd laugh in return or smile at her.

On the last day of the case, after it was all wrapped up, the team plus Luisa all ended up in a bar to celebrate. You quickly went home to change, squeezing yourself into your sexiest dress and piling on the make up.

"Wooah, Baby baby! Girl I'm gonna need some water to put out the fire you just started in my pants."

You handed the cocktail you'd just bought to Derek. "Here. Use that."

"Y/N, you look really nice." Spencer told you and you immediately took your drink back and downed it in one.

Luisa looked you up and down and then turned her attention back to Spencer, leaning in close to him.

You ordered another two drinks.

An hour and a half later and you were pleasantly tipsy and had dragged Derek to the dance floor, grinding up against him, making sure you were in Spencers eye line.

Morgan was playing along, laughing when he saw your glances back up at Reid to make sure he was watching.

"Girl, you got it bad." Derek whispered two you, placing his hands on your hips and pulling you closer.

"Dunno what you're talking about." You muttered back.

"Sure you don't. There's a reason you don't flirt with Spencer, where as you're all over me and Rossi. We're safe. But he's not."

"Shut up Derek."

"Hey... I think it's cute. And I happen to know he thinks you're cute."

You ran your hand over Morgans ass, watching Spencer over his shoulder. His eyebrows shot up.

Score.

"Pffft."

"Seriously Y/N. You should talk to him. Before the Little Miss from Andy Swans team gets her claws into him."

Looking back at Reid you saw Luisa had scooted her chair closer still and now had her hand on his shoulder.

"I think she already has. Derek I need some air. I'll be back in a bit."

You stalked outside, leaning against the wall and taking in the cold night air.

Seconds later you were joined. By Spencer.

"Y/N, are you okay? Derek said you needed to talk to me."

Did he now...

"I'm fine Spencer. And no I don't, Morgan was messing around. Go back inside, I'm sure Luisa is wondering where you are."

He leant against the wall next to you.

"Actually, I'd rather not. She's nice and everything but... Well, I'd much prefer to talk to you."

He would?

"Do you want a drink, I bought some water out with me?" He held out a bottle of water and you nodded, going to take it from his hands and dropping it to the floor when your fingers touched.

"Oh for fucks sake." You cursed again, fed up of how clumsy you were around him.

"Sorry. I think that was my fault. I just... Well... It's going to sound silly, but sometimes when we touch, I feel a spark."

Raising your head up, you met his gaze.

"You... You do?"

He nodded.

"I...I do too." You felt your cheeks burning, and Spencer reached out and touched his cool hand to your face.

"You're really pretty when you blush you know. You're really pretty all the time actually, but even more when you blush. I think it's cos you only seem to do it around me."

"Cos you're the only one who can make me blush, Spencer."

He grinned, the smile lighting up his eyes.

"Do you... Erm. Do you want to go get coffee. There's a late night cafe not too far from here." He asked you, shuffling him feet nervously.

"There's nothing I'd like to do more right now."