Searching For Jane

“Glee, again?”

Your boyfriend flopped down onto the couch next to you, resting his head on your chest. You automatically wrapped your arm around him, threading your fingers into his hair.

“Yep. It’s the final series. You know, if you actually sat down and watched it, you’d probably enjoy it.”

“Erm… I’ve tried that line with you and Dr Who and what do you you always tell me?”

You laughed, snuggling down into the couch as Spencer snaked his arm around your waist.

“Alright point taken. If you’re staying and watching though, I don’t want any derogatory remarks okay.”

“Okay fine.”

Thirty minutes into the episode and he pulled up from his resting position on your chest and looked at you.

“Okay it’s bugging me. Who is she? She seems so very familiar but I can’t for the life of me think where I know her from?”

“Who exactly?” he could easily be referring to any member of the female cast.

“The older woman with the short blonde hair… Sue? I think they called her.”

“Oohhhh, Jane Lynch. Erm.. I can’t think of anything you’d have seen her in. She’s been in plenty of things though.”

“But I DO know her. Her face and voice, I’ve definitely seen and heard them before. What else has she been in?”

He looked so perplexed so you reached for your phone and pulled up the IMDB app, searching for Jane Lynch.

“Okay so the only thing I can think you might know her from is that crime show I sometimes watch which you detest.”

He hated crime shows and you’d barred him from watching them with you because he’d pick them to pieces and ruin it for you.

“Crime Analysis?” he scrunched up his nose when you nodded. “Who is she in that?”

“Erm… Well she’s not a main cast member, she plays Dr Matthew Wright’s mother.”

“He’s the one you like, right? The really annoying one who changes his hair every other episode.”

“Yup.”

“The one who you used to ignore me for whenever he came on the screen.”

“I sooo did not. He’s just the best character and normally the one with all the answers… So if I miss something HE says then the rest of the show will make no sense.”

“Sure sure….“ Spencer sniffed, pouting slightly.

"Stop being jealous. He’s a fictional character.”

“I’m not jealous…. ”

“ Sure sure, ” you parroted his words. You held your arm out again, signalling for him to come for another cuddle. He settled back down and you resumed watching your show.

“Y/N. I’m better than him right? You prefer me?” he asked after a few minutes.

“Spencer, he’s fictional.”

“That doesn’t answer the question.”

You guffawed and then gently kissed the tip of his head. “Yes I prefer you, okay?”

“Okay.”

After a few minutes he pulled away again.

“I definitely don’t think it’s Crime Analysis that I know her from.”

You sighed and pulled out your phone again, ready to list every show and movie Jane Lynch had ever appeared in.