Trashed

"You're drunk"

It wasn't a statement Y/N felt she could really argue with as she looked up at Spencer from the floor where she'd just landed, having missed Penelope's couch. Luckily, most of the party goers had left for the night so it was only the team and a few others that had seen her not so graceful fall.

Spencer leant down and proffered his hand to her, Y/N using it as leverage to haul herself up, wobbling on her feet as Spencer grabbed her arm to steady her.

"I possibly... HIC.... I possibly am a teeny bit drunk" Y/N gave what she thought was a charming smile not noticing Spencer rolling his eyes at her.

She hadn't meant to get that wasted, she'd just wanted a good night with her friends. But then her ex douche bag had updated his Facebook profile picture to a photo of his very heavily pregnant girlfriend and she'd just needed a drink. The girlfriend that was eight months pregnant when Y/N and said ex douche bag had only split up six months ago. "I got lonely with you being away with work all the time" a line she definitely hadn't heard before.

"Can you call me a cab? I can't remember......the.....numbery things."

Reid tried to stifle a laugh, reaching down for Y/N's bag and hooking it over her shoulder.

"You live less than a block away. Come on, I'll walk you home."

...

Forty minutes later and Spencer was regretting his decision greatly. What should have been at most a ten minute walk, had turned into a full on mission. Y/N was like a hyperactive child, one that was over tired. She'd wandered off in the opposite direction as soon as they'd left Penelope's building and Spencer had had to go chasing after her. Then she'd wanted to sit on a bench and look at the stars which Reid had obliged her in, listening to her rambling incoherently about them. After that she decided that she wanted pizza from the place two doors down from her building, so now Spencer was stood waiting for the food to be ready and trying to convince Y/N to put her heels back on.

"But they hurting my feet. And we're only two doors away."

"Do you know how many germs and bacteria are on just one square foot of sidewalk? The things you could catch?"

"No but I bet you know exactly how much. Because you've counted them right! Because you're a genius and that's what genius's do!" she turned to the pizza parlour owner. "See my friend there, not only is he beautiful and kind but he is soooo smart. Like soooo ridiculously smart. He blows my mind on a daily basis. I just wish he'd blow it in other ways, but shhhhhh cos he doesn't know that."

Reid shifted from one foot to the next uncomfortably as the owner looked from Y/N to Spencer with an amused expression. He handed her pizza box over, telling her he'd add it to her tab and she could pay tomorrow. She was a regular here.
Y/N wobbled back over to Spencer, linking her arm through his and smiling up at her friend.

"Home?"

"Shoes" he looked down at her bare feet pointedly.

"Ugh... I can't bend down though, it makes me feel fuzzy and I won't get back up again"

Shaking his head, Reid knelt to the floor and inserted her feet back into her heels one by one, trying to push the conversation he'd just overheard to the back of his brain. She was drunk after all, there was no way she meant it, right?

The pair walked the two doors and climbed the stairs to Y/N apartment, her literally dragging him inside with her as she tossed her bag and the pizza onto a table.

"Stay with me tonight please?" she asked him, staring intensely into his eyes and grasping at his sides.

"Erm.... "