A Reason To Cry For One Last Time - Three

The night of the FBI Ball had been emotional. Physically and mentally.

You and Spencer hadn't slept at all, staying together until five am in the morning. There hadn't been much talking, only love making if you dared to call it that. It definitely wasn't just sex but it seemed strange to refer to it as making love because you were no longer a couple.

Over and over you'd devoured each other, tears from both of you sometimes mixing with the sweat your bodies were producing from the activity. You tasted every part of each other that night, barely having a moment where you weren't physically connected in one way or another.

When it had gotten to five am, Spencer had glanced at the clock and announced he should get getting back to his own room. The team were meeting for breakfast in a few hours and he wanted to try and get some rest. He thanked you for the time you'd spent together, apologising for it as well, as you both knew it would complicate things even further.

Rather than joining the team for breakfast, you showered, packed up your things, and drove home. You texted Penny to say that you still didn't feel well and just wanted your own bed. It was partially true. Your head was now a mess and you did feel slightly sick. If Spencer had been doing things with JJ and then had come to you last night, well..... It all seemed a massive contradiction.

When you got home, you changed into your pajamas and crawled into bed, sleeping for the next ten hours. It sounded like a lot but over the past few months, you'd had tons of sleepless nights. Yet today, it finally felt like you could sleep. Maybe because you'd had the perfect goodbye? The goodbye to Spencer you should have had?

When you did wake up, it was to a pounding on your apartment door.

You checked your phone seeing that it was close to eight pm.

Ugh...

Dragging yourself out of bed and to the door, you quickly checked the peep hole to see that it was Reid.

Twice in the space of twenty four hours he'd now shown up at your door.

You opened it, stepping back without words so that he could come in.

Not even greeting you, he turned to you and blurted out "If you could erase these last six months, would you?"

Without having to think, you nodded. Because you would, without a doubt. Spencer had held your heart from almost the moment you met him.

Right from the start
You were a thief
You stole my heart
And I your willing victim

"We can't erase them though Spencer. Too much has happened."

You watched him take a seat in his old spot on your couch, the leather material remembering his shape and moulding to fit his body.

"So if we can't erase them, then can we.... paint over them?"

"What are you saying Spencer?" You stayed stood, not trusting yourself to be close enough so that he could touch you. One touch and you'd be a goner just like last night.

You wished he'd given you warning that he was coming over. You were a mess, eyes still red from the tears you'd shed last night and this morning in the shower, and your hair was a tangled hive of knots.

But then again... He'd seen you at much worse. This was the man that had held your hair back whilst you vomited, had cleared up your soiled tissues when you had the flu. This was the man who had simply laughed and carried you into the shower the night you'd been having sex and your period had made an unexpected appearance. The man who stayed awake with you all night when your Nana passed away. He'd seen every part of you. Maybe he didn't even see red eyes or the messy hair, maybe he just looked past them now.