Assassin's Bride Chp41

Hey, guys! I know it has been many months since I updated, but I have my own reasons. One of them is that the old passion that I had for writing has died down. I pushed myself to limits just to write this chapter since I feel immensely bad to leave my readers hanging.

___________________________________________

~*What is a man but the sum of his memories, we are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves" ~*

Cloud watched as terrified wide eyes peered at him in utter perplexity, he knew that Faith could not recognize him because of the dense rain the dotted the wretched earth. The evil eyes took in the ghastly gash on the side of her head and the crimson blood that dripped down her forehead. Gradually, Cloud lifted his hand, eyes set on Faith, he took hold of the fabric of his robe that concealed his face and with two of his fingers he dropped it to reveal his true identity.

"Cloud_Cloud!" Faith screamed his name as soon as her woeful eyes took in his face. Her voice was desperate as if the world had not seen the sun for uncountable years. She pushed at the hand that clutched her arms and struggled to get free.

"I should have known. You son of a bitch. You fucking tricked me." Maynor growled, narrowed, monstrous eyes fixed on Cloud. A deadly grin made its way on the Fury's lips. It was as if he was amused that it took Maynor such a prolong while to perceive that it was a ploy he played all along, that it was his ploy Cloud gambled his life with.

Faith blinked against the water that stung her scarlet eyes, she gazed at him, at Cloud and here his words, the words he had verbalized that morning crept in her mind. She recalled the miserable countenance he had displayed while he provided her a glimpse of what would occur in the coming hours. Her eyes took in his form, he was wounded, the sight of him caused her to forget the burning sensation that kindled her fragile bones.

She knew if Maynor succeeded in this abduction yet once again, there was no way she would see Cloud again. Faith knew she would die and there was nothing that could be done for she did not have the strength her abductor possessed. Her body was cold, the once warm blood now pulsed in her veins in the form of chilly liquid. Eragon's daughter was horrified, so scared that her horror overpowered the torture and the blood that trickled down her wounds.

The man that stood before her; was ready to welcome death and that mere thought caused her soul to trash against the chains in her body. Rage, desire for blood oozed off of him in waves. There was a look in his prepossessing eyes she could not pinpoint. If Faith thought she had witnessed a monster back in the woods when Cloud protected her, then what on earth was this being who stood before her with his fists clenched?

The savage expression on his face petrified her far more than the man who held her hostage. At the thought of Maynor, Faith attempted to struggle against him yet once again, however, failed. Her attempts caused the swine to grab a chunk of her wet hair and pull them with such force that Faith screamed in drastic agony.

"Let. The. Girl. Go." Cloud emphasized on each word in a low tone that it caused a shiver to travel down Faith's already quivering spine.

"Cloud, it is always you. The shrewdest man I have ever encountered," Maynor shook his head and blinked against the water. "And here, I wondered how did the sahirs know that I have what they desire, that I have the damned Moon Lady," He bit the side of his lip in rage."Not just Holako, all nine of them are present here. To top it off, your men are littered around my house slaughtering my people. What a terrific plan, Cloud Wolfic Jayden." Maynor growled his name as if revolted.

Faith frowned at his words. Did cloud lead those vicious men to kill Maynor? Had he a hand in her abduction? She peered at him, her insides imploring that he would glance at her and deny it. His eyes, however, remained on Maynor.