Prologue: Reality

• Dedicated to "Ugly People"- You're beautiful.

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

"Hey sweet thang," some random dude says to me while I walk down the crowded hallway, full of a bunch of other random kids from my high school.

I'm not sure what his name is and quite frankly, well I really don't care, he's pretty cute though. Continuing to walk, I watch as the people in the hallway make way for me, moving out of my path, and watching as I go by. It's so weird, I mean since when do they care who I am? Weirder still is the fact that I don't have any books in my hands, which since I'm in school is ridiculous. Feeling puzzled, well down right confused is more like it, I look around searching for a possible answer. Did I drop them?

Of course.

Standing by my side is Jason, school hotty-tot-tie (I feel the extra tot is neccessary to describe this guys devastating good looks.) and not to mention my- three years running- crush, holding my books for me. Oh! So that's what the feeling was around my waist was... his arm. That's... interesting. I take in his dreamy eyes, silky hair, and flawless skin. He winks at me and a breath-taking smile graces his perfect face. All of this seems to be happening in slow motion and I can hardly breathe. It's all so.. so.. surreal.

Awe man!

I'm dreaming again!

This happens every time!

Every time I get my hopes up that just maybe school is worth it, it turns out to be just my imagination! Why can't this be my freaking reality? Why can't I be that girl that all the guys fawn over, the one that gets called "hot" and "gorgeous"?

Know what? In all seriousness I'd even be happy if even just one-just one!- of the losers at my school would call me cute! Can't someone notice I'm a decent looking female human being for once? I can't be that bad.

Can I?

Well obviously I can, since all my life no one's called me anything that compliments my level of attractiveness, well other than my father. But he does NOT count. No matter what my mom said. I want a real boy to tell me I look good, a non-relative boy. Is that so much to ask?

Apparently.

By now though I've learned to forget that notion. Ugly is ugly, that's it. My head can keep conjuring up as many dreams as it wants, this little fantasy won't be coming true any time soon. Best this is to learn to live with it.

That's life and there's no use complaining about it. Suppose I'll just have to live with how I look for the rest of my exsistance, might as well be comfortable in my own skin, right? Who knows! Maybe one day the fashions of society will change and ugly will be the new "smokin' mama-jamma", right? Eh, who am I kidding.

Well at least I can enjoy my dreams.

With a coy smile I turn to dream Jason, smack the books out of his hands, causing his face to go from a look that says,

"I'm proud this hot girl is on my arm, all you loser guys are jealous and want to be me,"

-to a, "what the hell?" look.

Without warning, not that I would even know how to warn him, I slam my lips onto his, hoping I can keep dreaming long enough to feel the fireworks. But with my luck...wait for it...

Waking up with a start, I'm back in the real world, the clock reading around midnight. I'm in my room, in my house, sadly on my planet, Earth. A place where I'm not pretty, almost no one really cares who I am, and Jason has been replaced with a drool-spotted pillow.

Life. Is. Awesome.

'''''''''''''''

Yay! I've been dying to write this story, hope you all are looking forward to it, well as much as I am anyway. It's not my best writing skills but it's not supposed to be. This is gonna be light-hearted, funny, and of course romantically cute. Trying to keep the plot easy and enjoyable, so I hope you're all up for the ride! I know I am (:

Love, Lily ♥