Chapter 34

After checking the bedroom,
I burst in the study to see an unlikely scene...

"Iain!"

He looks at me, at a complete loss for words.

I point to the blonde woman bending over him, pointing to something on his desk.
"Who the hell is this? I've never seen her before." I crossed my arms, squinting my eyes. He better had a good time explanation for this. Better than good.

"I thought you said she wasn't here."

I walk forward, about to beat the blond dye off of the broad. Did she just disregard me like I wasn't in the room. Oh it's on.

Iain put his hands out to me, looking alarmed.
"Aaliyah look no, I can explain! This is my new secretary.", he said, standing up.

That information just made me angrier than I already was.

"Why is she here!", I screamed.

"Aaliyah, no! You don't understand!"

"No! I understand perfectly! I'm just your s-"

"My fiance. You're just my fiance. Not, my secretary. And I had to find a new one."

"Why did she think I wasn't here?"

Iain looked at her, then back at me.
"Well, we got home and you disappeared. I figured you were angry and needed your space."

Ok, I guess that makes sense....

"How can I believe you after what your mother said?"

Iain sighed, as if defeated.
"You don't have to. You have every right not to. I'm just asking that you'll listen..."

I nod.
"Sure."

Iain looks back at his new secretary.
"If you'll excuse us?"

"Of course." She left the room but not before walking away alluringly and giving me a small smirk.

I watched as she walked down the hallway, she was wearing a tight red pencil skirt with red heels to match. No way that's secretary appropriate and what happened to Angela? He can do better than that.

I turn to Iain, who sits down.
"You might want to sit down."

I did, but only because I wanted to. Not because he told me.

"Aaliyah it's true that marriage would better my company, and I was looking for a wife, at first. But I gave up, I'm not the type of guy to commit I have a problem with the word itself. But Aaliyah, believe me when I say all of that changed when I first laid my eyes on you. I couldn't think correctly, I didn't know how to go about making you mine. I've had many submissives but they've never stayed, I wouldn't allow it, but I want you to stay with me for as long as you can stand. Aaliyah, please. I want to marry you.",

I didn't say anything, I didn't even move, I think I stopped breathing all together. When I didn't react, he kept going.

"Alright, to prove myself to you..", he reached to grab something from a file on his desk, he then slid it to me.

"....another contract?", I asked perplexed.

Iain sighed, looking restless in his body and desperate in his eyes.

"Read it.",

Taking the paper I held it in front of me, reading diligently the terms and conditions, but what caught my attention the most was the title.

'Partial Ownership and Contribution of Pliegue Industries'

My eyes widened. He's willing to give me part ownership of the company.
I looked up at him, questions running throughout my mind.

"Iain I can't -", he cut me off.

"As my fiancé and soon to be wife you are entitled to funds, and yes, partial ownership of my company. Meaning, when we get married and I get the 10 billion dollars-",

"I'll get half...", I said in realization. Is he serious? I....I can't sign this.
"Iain this is...this is proof enough."
Sliding the paper back over to him on the desk I told him how I felt.
"But, I can't sign this. It's not right.",

Iain then picked up the paper and a pen and walked around his desk over to me. Putting the pen in my hand pleadingly, he looked down at me with assurance.

"Please, sign it. It is right, because we're getting married. I don't want you to feel like you're just apart of some business deal when you mean so much more to me than that. So sign it.",

I tightened my hold on the red fountain pen, and signed my name in cursive on the X line, right next to Iain's.

When I was done I gave the paper to Iain, who took it and bended down to give me a kiss.

"I love you.", I said looking into those chilling blue orbs.

"I love you too Aaliyah.",