Chapter 5

"If you are brave enough to say goodbye, Life will reward you with a new hello"

-Paulo Coelho-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

Meredith Louise, The ex wife of Stefano Capello, the infamous young wife of Ferdinand Cobelt, owner of Silver Lining Corp, and Alan's mother.

I can't imagine what kind of woman she might be. But judging by the expression on Stefano's face and the rule of never mentioning her name in front of Alan tells it all.

He has burned all of her photograph. As if he is trying to forget about her.

But it seems like tonight's party will be an thrilling one.

"Do i look alright ?" I ask him as i step out from the dressing room. His eyes plays with my emotion for a moment there.

"Well, do you want my honest opinion ?" His eyes go through my whole body with a playful grin.

The knee length baby blue dress matches with the pearl earrings and classic diamond necklace. I have our wedding ring on, and i have white heels with small crystals on.

"It just, i don't like to wear formal dresses like this. Having to wear casual dress every single day is already a pain" i pout. Hillary, the beautician of this household, has done my makeup since i pretty much never done my makeup in any way.

"Shall we go, Alan is in the car already" he says as he politely hold out his hand.
I take his hand back and both of us get into the car. Alan almost fell asleep waiting for us. We can't blame him. It's quite late for a little child like him to get out at this time.

After a while, we arrive in front of a five star hotel, and we enter the guest list, while being watched carefully by the guards. This is an important event after all, of course it's going to be formal and strict.

As soon as we enter the building, we are greeted by several people who seems very important. By the way Stefano is acting, those people must be his friends or his business partner. Some seem nice while the others are just straight forwardly rude.

I get a glass of wine and starts taking a sip. I am not planning of drinking too much tonight, since it will be bad if Alan caught be drunk. It will be a bad example for him in the future, it's not like i drink that oftenly anyway.

"Mama, is this your first time here ???" Alan asks me as he holds my hand tightly, maybe he is scared of getting lost.
I nod, i mean, i have never been to such a party before. So i really don't know what to do, what to expect, and how to behave.

But as young as he might seems, Alan may have been to such events several times on his life, he just looks really experienced with it.

"Camellia !" Alan suddenly lets go of my hands and rush towards the pretty little blonde girl. Camellia is dressed beautifully tonight with her small pink dress with ribbons and flowers attached everywhere. She looks like a mini fairy princess.

Behind Camellia stands Elena, then, i see the presence of Agata and her fiancee Lucas.
"My, Look who has gotten used to each other" Agata says in a teasing tone.

"Leave them alone, Agata" I see Celine and Romeo together, standing close to each other.
"Are you also going out with him, big sis ?" Agata tease again, only to receive a glare from Celine.

"Yeah, we are going out" Romeo says before Celine cut it off with an opposite statement, "no, we are not going out" she sigh later on. "This woman maniac just keep following me and we bump to each other oftenly, that's all" she says again with a tired expression on her face.

"Hey, i am not a woman maniac, i am just to kind to spread love to lonesome women, okay" he says as he continuously cling to Celine.

"Romeo, my big sis is someone you don't want to mess with" Stefano suddenly interrupt the conversation as a kind looking lady follows him from behind.

"Destiny, i want you to meet my secretary, Wendy Omanda, she used to be my teacher, and you'll be seeing her a lot as she will help you improving your manners and all" She introduces herself to me politely and i return her greeting. I feel like i will get along well with her.

Just then, the announcement starts, as i see a formal looking man, standing on the stage. I recognize him from the photo on the front hall. He is Silver Lining Corp CEO, Ferdinand Cobelt. To my surprise, he looks kind of... old. I bet he is around fourty or something, that's twelve years of age difference compared to Stefano.

He starts giving his speech which i don't really pay attention to as it does not interest me. But then, after he is done giving his speech, a beautiful woman stands on the stage.

She has black hair and brown eyes, her skin is light olive color and her body very skinny and tall, but still has curves on some places. She is wearing a crimson red long gown that is body tight and overall red attire to match with her dress.

At that moment when she starts to speak. Stefano has an almost blank expression and his eyes slightly darken. A mixture of his usual composed self and a side of him i have never seen before.

Alan slightly points at that woman and immediately whisper "that is mama, my real mama" hearing that line breaks my heart slightly. We haven't been together for longer than a week, but i already see him as my own son, that i forget i am not his actual mom.

That woman, Meredith, is Alan's real mother.

Some random thoughts start popping on my head. Alan does still recognize her it seems. She left two years ago, so Alan must be four years old at that moment, he is a smart boy, so of course he would remember.

Now then, what will happen when those people meet face to face ? I don't know the answer myself.