Chapter 24 || Year 4

Draco's POV-

Hermione and Potter were walking past us slytherins, each one of us showing our Potter stinks badges.

"Want one Granger?" I asked mockingly as she walked passed, holding out a badge. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand now. I've just washed it, you see, and I don't want a mudblood sliming it up."

Hermione glared at me, deciding whether or not to retort to my insult. She locked her eyes with mine for a brief second, and I could have sworn she was able to see right through me, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

Suddenly from next to Hermione, Potter pulled out his wand in one swift motion, pointing it at me. Hermione turned around and I kept my gaze on her, seeing her small eye roll - an action no one else saw.

"Harry." Hermione said in almost a sigh.

I smirked and stepped forward, slowly pulling out my wand from my robe pocket.

"Go on then Potter. Moody's not here to look after you now. Do it, if you have the guts." I smirked at him.

My eyes wandered over to Hermione who was staring back with wide eyes, before mine landed on Potter's. It was that split second eye contact that somehow turned on a switch, causing me to point my wand sharply at Potter and act.

"Densaugeo!" I shouted at Potter, unable to hear his curse over mine, but watching as his met mine in the middle and exploded off in different directions, hitting Goyle in the process, causing huge boils to spread over his face.

"Hermione!" Weasley yelled out, my eyes landing on the brunette who was whimpering and clutching her mouth.

I lowered my wand as soon as the realisation had washed over me - my curse had hit Hermione.

I saw Weasley move Hermione's hands away from her mouth and almost gasped when I saw the large beaver teeth - growing at a rapid pace - climb down her chin.

"And what is all this noise about?" Asked Snape in his usual soft, drawling voice, as he walked over to where his students were.

Every slytherin who was either with Pansy or I began to shout out their stories and explanations, but Snape silenced them all. He pointed his long finger at me and told me to explain myself.

"Potter attacked me sir-" I began to say calmly but I was cut off.

"We attacked each other at the same time!"

"- and he hit Goyle - look -"

Snape looked over at Goyle and examined him - Goyle's boils looking worse than a poisonous fungus plant.

"Hospital wing, Goyle." He said calmly.

"Malfoy got Hermione, look!" Ron shouted at Snape.

Once again my eyes landed on Hermione, only this time, her tear-filled eyes locked with mine as Weasley lowered her hands and showed the beaver teeth - now down to her collarbone - to the potions professor.

Snape did nothing but fixate his cold stare into Hermione, before he finally spoke up. "I see no difference."

Hermione let out a small cry and sprinted off in the opposite direction, but I still couldn't get over those teeth - the teeth that I caused - and the helpless look on her face.

And all because I had to - once again - act like a complete dickhead.