Chapter 56 - The Ring

*Violent Scene Ahead*
--READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED--

~~~ CHAPTER 56 - THE RING ~~~

I opened my eyes and I was in an unfamiliar room. With my whole back pressed to the surface of the bed, I had my eyes fixed on the ceiling. Suddenly, it dawned on me that both of my legs and both of my arms were tied with ropes to each of the posts in each corner of the bed that it was absolutely impossible for me to escape. My mouth was also tied up with something so tight to my skin which I presumed a duct tape.

Where was I?

I twisted and turned my head from left to right and vice versa. I noticed that nothing was in the room except for the bed where I was lying down and the tiny table in one corner. The place was definitely an old room with a faded yellow paint.

Where the heck was I? God, where was I?

No, Nigel must have been looking for me now! I needed to get out of here!

Oh, please, God! Just let this be a nightmare! Just let me wake up and discover that everything was just a nightmare!

What happened? Why was I in this room?

Then, my brain did remember my encounter with Dylan Fernandez. Oh, no!

Nigel! Nigel, I need you! My mind screamed.

By and by, the door creaked open and in came the man who obviously abducted me and put me in this situation!

Just as who I expected, it was Dylan, who was in black tank top now. "How are you? You slept well," he said very calmly. He was giving me that serious look and it felt so terrible to be gazed by a pyscho. Though he tried himself to look calm, still I couldn't disregard his bulging eyes penetrating through me.

What? I slept. Oh, my God! I did sleep. How did I sleep? I remembered I was in the grocery store when I saw him. How did he get me out of there?

What did you do to me? I wanted to ask but I couldn't due to the hindrance of the duct tape covering my mouth. Tears started to roll down the sides of my face like waterfalls. I was trembling terribly.

My mouth started to hurt now, even my arms and legs that were tied with rope.

Looking up at Dylan, I sensed that there was no need to ask whether he was sane or not. It was obvious. He really was not sane.

Suddenly, he showed me something as he sat at my side.

A knife.

A knife with a blade that glittered against the light of the room.

Then, I remembered, it was probably the middle of the night now. Had Nigel arrived the condo already? Had he learned that I wasn't around?

What was I going to do now? As I thought of my horrible, desperate state, tears didn't stop falling from my eyes.

"You know what I want to do with you?" The madman placed the tip of that sharp object against my neck.

I closed my eyes and trembled in panic. Would this be my end? Would he kill me? Was he really capable of doing it?

"Your Nigel Sarmiento ruined my family and I won't rest until I ruined him and all those around him... I will kill you..." he said in a whisper bending his face nearer to mine, "just like how he killed my father."

Oh, God, please! He really intended to kill me.

He didn't kill your father! I wanted to shout at him as I opened again my eyes. Your father killed himself! He killed himself because of shame for betraying the Sarmiento Corporation! Why can't you understand it?