Chapter 25 || Year 4

Draco's POV-

I stood in the entrance of the Great Hall; Pansy clinging onto my arm.

"So are we going to dance all night Drakie?" She asked excitedly.

I glared down at her and rolled my eyes, not saying anything.

"I wouldn't be surprised if bitchfaced Granger won't be coming, who would want to ask her to the ball?" Pansy snickered.

"Remember when you and Granger were best friends the first day of a Hogwarts?" I asked, smirking.

Pansy made a face and shook her head. "I can't believe I ever was. But so were you, you wanted to be friends with her, I remember."

I gave her a death glare for saying that but kept my mouth shut.

"Oh Drakie, it was just a joke." Pansy smiled, making me feel slightly sick.

"Don't fucking call me Drakie." I spat at her.

"Whoa, calm down." She said, putting her hands up in surrender.

I turned around and looked at the stairs where all of the tri-wizard champions were walking with their dates, and nearly fell over from lack of oxygen.

There stood Hermione with Viktor, but other than her eyes and glowing smile, everything looked different; a good different.

She wore a periwinkle dress - the fabric flowing down to her ankles as she moved graciously through the crowd. Her hair was no longer a bush, but in neat curls that were tied into a loose knot at the back of her head, a few strands falling out, framing her face.

I'd never seen someone so beautiful, and all I wanted to do was run up to her and hug her for hours straight.

I couldn't believe just days before I was asking how a long-molared mudblood like herself could be asked to the ball, but here, walking past me, was proof of exactly why Krum wanted to go with her.

Hermione was everything you could ever ask for - from the brains to the kindness, to the personality to the looks - she was it all.

I felt a small pang of jealousy run through me as I saw Victor hold hands with her. I seriously wanted to be him, but that could never happen, especially with pug-faced Pansy on my arm.

I looked down at the black haired girl and she was just gaping at Hermione, maybe even in awe, along with every other person - besides Krum's fan club - in the great hall.

She looked over at me and gave me a small smile - her teeth now straight and back to normal. I knew at that minute I was fucked, and that there was no way backing out of the deep hole I was in for years now. I would just have to learn to ignore it.