Chapter 78: Splitting Up

Roughly an hour and half later...

Zak and I didn't have to say or do anything else to get Aaron to come back to nerve centre with us. I think Zak was hoping for the same thing I was, that Aaron was reacting from a paranormal attack, and not a physical attack, and that if we took a break, it would go away.

We had spent about an hour in nerve centre, just regrouping and calming ourselves again. Aaron's arm did seem to improve, or at least he said it was better, but his mood was still off.

Zak had decided a few minutes ago for the three of us to spilt up, so we could investigate more areas of the castle. Zak was going to investigate in Vlad's cell, and he wanted me to investigate the artifact chamber, and he wanted Aaron to go back to the stairwell and chamber where his attack had happened.

Zak was sort of pissing me off again.

Just because Aaron claimed to be feeling better, didn't mean it was a great idea to send Aaron back to a potentially dangerous spot for him, at least not alone. He certainly wouldn't of done that with me, and where he wanted me to investigate was proof of that.

A room used for storing artifacts.

No bad history, no reported hauntings, nothing.

Yes, I knew the artifacts themselves might have energy stored in them, but we had a chapel where Satanic Worshippers had performed a ritual, and Billy and Jay themselves said they heard one of the chapel doors creaking open very loudly, followed by footsteps.

I was in too much of a stubborn, sick, sad, and grumpy mood to be treated like a glass doll.

"Why don't you want to go back up there?" Zak asked, now wearing a respirator mask in preparation for Vlad's cell.

"I just...don't really want to," Aaron said, not looking at Zak. "I don't think it's smart for me to go up there dude," Aaron added.

"That's why we're here," Zak argued.

"I kept getting grabbed, attacked. I could throw up from the pain, or pass out-" Aaron started, but Zak cut him off.

"You're not going to die," Zak said.

"You don't know that," Aaron said, firmly. "You don't know if you could have a heart attack. You don't know what kind of energy could come through you and kill you," Aaron said, bluntly.

The entire room went silent, even Billy and Jay, who were preparing gear for each of us.

Zak and Aaron just looked at each other.

This is my fault...this is all my fault...I thought.

If I hadn't of said the things I said to Zak during the Hoia-Baicu Forest investigation, we would still be talking to each other, and we would, most likely, both be in better moods.

"Alright, what are we doing?" Billy suddenly spoke up.

No one answered.

"Zak's going to Vlad's cell," Billy started, then looked at me. "You're going to the artifact chamber," Billy added.

I nodded in agreement, but if I had a chance, I had a different idea in mind.

"Where are you going Aaron?" Billy asked.

Zak and Aaron were still looking at each other. Aaron then turned away and rubbed a hand over his head.

I wanted to stick up for him, I really did, but I had already messed up so much with Zak...